PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcicero

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 23, 2019
Michigan
Just cracked open Dreams of Kaddath from C&D, and wow. From tin note, to prep, to pack, to smoke I am so impressed. What a...fantastical experience. That is the appropriate word as this will whisk you away fancy and free. I read that the burley is an afterthought but I think it gives the katerini some weight. But this is not a review. I just dont see katerini mentioned much here, could be I'm not looking hard enough, but I'd really love some other katerini blends to try. Any thoughts?

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I like DoK, but find I need to dry it and slice it carefully so as not to get too much large leaf parts. I really like the flavors and uniqueness.

Maybe search tobacco reviews for Katerini see what shows up.

Reactions: danimalia

rmpeeps

Lifer
Oct 17, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Just cracked open Dreams of Kaddath from C&D, and wow. From tin note, to prep, to pack, to smoke I am so impressed. What a...fantastical experience. That is the appropriate word as this will whisk you away fancy and free. I read that the burley is an afterthought but I think it gives the katerini some weight. But this is not a review. I just dont see katerini mentioned much here, could be I'm not looking hard enough, but I'd really love some other katerini blends to try. Any thoughts?
Bijou and Oak Alley, both from Cornell & Deihl.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
Haven’t found much. C&D Miskatonic Mixture has some. It’s a ribbon, so easier to prep than Kadath, but the flavour just reminded me how much more I liked Kadath.

I haven’t found anything else in production.

Reactions: danimalia

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
C&D seems to have a good Katerini connect as they've been adding it to a lot of blends the past few years. Just had my first bowl of DoK the other night and enjoyed it, but had trouble picking out components given how many there are along with the topping.

Oak Alley is wonderful and a simpler mix. VA/BUR with katerini and perique. I think the Katerini gives that blend a bit of fruit and floral notes, though surely the perique contributes to the former. Haven't had it yet, but I believe Bijou is just VAs and Katerini, with C&D's touch if honey. Might be the best blend to get a handle on it.

acidpox

Can't Leave
Nov 18, 2018
DoK is my favorite blend. After reading this thread looks like I need to pick up some oak alley to try.

Reactions: Casual

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Katerini is a good alternate condiment tobacco for sure. I love my Latakia and Perique blends, but it came to the place where those two were added to everything by default. I guess people learned those flavors and that was what they wanted, often. Now good things are done with Katerina, Cavendish, dark fired, burley when it isn't the base blend, Turkish, etc. The broader view of potential blending condiments is a whole new horizon. I think it improves the Latakia and Perique blends by making them discrete choices and not just salt and pepper added to anything.

Reactions: acidpox
Status
Not open for further replies.