PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryp

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
I do like rockabilly music. :)
Congrats! I always look for your review of a blend before I buy it, and you haven't steered me wrong yet. Your detailed flavor descriptions have been very helpful because they identify and describe characteristics that I try to find when I smoke, improving my appreciation and enjoyment of pipe smoking in general. Thank you!
Btw...the other day I ran across an article that exposed your true identity and the "job" you do, which is almost certainly a smokescreen that hides the fact that you're an alien/mutant/gamma radiation exposure victim with superhuman flavor detection powers. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
When I started reading these forum threads I was incredulous at the number of bowls and the variety of blends that Jim posted. I was just getting into the pipe and I couldn't even imagine that anyone could taste anything after so many bowls.
As I learned to use my pipe, I gained more and more respect for Jim's review opinions and began to always check his reviews on anything I might contemplate buying.
His 2,692 (and counting!) reviews on tobaccoreviews.com are unparalleled, and give testament to one of the hobbies greatest palates.
I think Jim deserves the Dr of tobacco award and then some.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've contributed to this, nearly always "liking" it when jiminks posts the same blend in the same pipe (among many others he posts) on his "What Are You Smoking" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.