PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidintexas

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2013
Was going through all the cards in my wallet, not credit cards, but the different ones you stick in there from Discount Tire, the dentist, Walmart gift card, etc. And what do I find nestled down in between a couple of them? A sweet, double-folded $100 bill. I love you Ben Franklin! There's no telling how long that guy has been there. So, do I do the responsible thing and contribute to my daughter's college fund, or apply to my IRA or 401k? Hell no! Ole Ben was whispering he hadn't had a good tobacco in many a moon. Sooooooooooooo, here's what that bill plus a flexible spending account refund did for me:
PS Lux Bulls Eye Flake--8 oz.

PS Lux Twist Flake--4 oz.

PS Lux Navy Flake--4 oz.

Orlik Golden Sliced--100g tin

Dunhill Flake--50g tin

McClelland Blackwoods--50g tin

Wessex Brown Vir.Flake--50g tin

Wessex Brigade Campaign--50g tin

McClelland Three Oaks Syrian--50g tin

John Aylesbury Lux Flake--50g tin

MacBaren HH Old Dark Fired--100g tin

Walnut 12 oz.can.....going bye-bye so thought I'd grab another

Solani Silver Flake---100g tin
I haven't tried any of these except for the Walnut, and thought I'd give a whirl, thanks to the recommendations given by many of you on this forum. The only flakes I've had so far are Escudo, MacBaren Mixture Flake, and Klondike Gold. Enjoyed them all. I have SG Best Brown Flake as well but have not tried yet.
I know I'm not setting a good example for the rest of you who might chance upon a forgotten stash or a lucky find. My apologies. I feel really bad. Ha! But then again, you guys are the ones responsible for my inconsiderate and rash behavior. You guys have enabled me! It is your fault! Read that again. YOUR FAULT! Whew. I feel better. Thanks for the enabling guys. TAD strikes again!

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Where are you finding The Wessex Brigade Campaign Flake available?
That is a great list, you will enjoy them

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
The choice was obvious; glad you didn't hesitate. $100 toward college tuition is nothing, in a 401K it could be gone in a flash. You did good; enjoy.

rangerearthpig

Jan 5, 2014
I know I'm not setting a good example for the rest of you who might chance upon a forgotten stash or a lucky find. My apologies.
Good examples are like those horrid rum cakes you get for Christmas....nobody likes them! :lol: I like your evil ways! In fact, I would hope that I'd do the same thing if I were in your shoes...er...wallet. 8)

davidintexas

Jun 4, 2013
Thanks for all the self-reinforcement everybody. I knew you would do the same. As for those asking about where I found the Wessex and the John Aylesbury, I didn't. I knew that would raise some eyebrows, and I'll probably wait forever, but, hey, I'll just smoke the others till these hopefully show up some day. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.