PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
From my point of view, at age 38, you have just gotten the lay of the land, but I know some people do it all in a few years. RIP.

Reactions: Country Bladesmith

kwg116

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 21, 2017
So sad. He was so talented. I was lucky to see him years ago when he played the Basement in Nashville. It was a special performance with his mother in the audience. I had a brief chat with him in the smoking area. Very humble and tremendously talented. RIP

Mar 11, 2020
Southern Illinois
From my point of view, at age 38, you have just gotten the lay of the land, but I know some people do it all in a few years. RIP.
He started very young in music and drugs. He eventually did get clean. They have not given a cause of death so I will not jump to conclusions but it is a same he was very troubled and talented. His father struggled also and he was named after Townes Van Zandt who was also very troubled

Reactions: Country Bladesmith

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
He started very young in music and drugs. He eventually did get clean. They have not given a cause of death so I will not jump to conclusions but it is a same he was very troubled and talented. His father struggled also and he was named after Townes Van Zandt who was also very troubled
Ha, just now seeing that you already noted this about TVZ. Honestly, it was my love of Townes Van Zandt that got me checking out Justin and his fathers music.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Ha, just now seeing that you already noted this about TVZ. Honestly, it was my love of Townes Van Zandt that got me checking out Justin and his fathers music.
Townes Van Zandt, John Prine, and Guy Clark were some of the best songwriters to ever grace American music, all three now gone. It was rumored that Steve Earle once said Townes Van Zandt was a better songwriter than Bob Dylan, and he’d be willing to stand on Dylan’s coffee table and tell him so! Sad we won’t be able to see Justin’s music evolve. Just like his namesake, gone too soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.