PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
untitled.jpg

The top one is a Stanwell Legend and the bottom is a Peterson Kildare. This will be my first Stanwell so I'm pretty excited about that.

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
Is something wrong with it? The other side has the P on it, I just liked the grain on that side better :)It does have a chip out of the bottom of the bowl, but I didn't pay much for it so I'm OK with that. My other Pete doesn't smoke too well so I wanted to give them another chance.

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
Hmmm...I'm not sure. I thought that was just how the stain turned out. It was sold from Pipestud, whom I've heard many good things about, and he doesn't mention anything in the description other than chip in the bottom of the bowl...guess I'll find out when it gets here and I can actually look at it.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Hmm, I'd try just some spit and cloth on that Pete shank, before the alcohol and sandpaper.
A Pete fishtail - you'll love it and that is a unusual shape for a Pete, I like it.
That Stanwell dog is a classic - a great choice and it will smoke great.
I bet you are quite pleased with both and look forward to reading your thoughts when smoked.

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
I just got the Peterson in and it's a p-lip...which I guess I missed from the auction description/pics. I've wanted to try one of these for a while and I really, really didn't like it. Probably 7 or 8 times during the half bowl I made it through I got a foul tasting liquid directly on my tongue from the bit. Does anyone know a good way to prevent this? I tried all I could think of and didn't have any luck.

pentangle

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2011
Genova-Italy
"Probably 7 or 8 times during the half bowl I made it through I got a foul tasting liquid directly on my tongue from the bit."

Do you mean condenses?

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
Either that or saliva. But I tried smoking it without exhaling through the bit thinking maybe that's what was doing it but that didn't help at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.