PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2020
I've been meaning to tell you guys something here for a while. No, it's not like when your wife shows up at work with a pair of underwear in a plastic bag that she found under the seat in the car. I have never had that experience but in a situation like that I can anticipate that I would feel very worried. What I want to tell you guys well it is difficult to say for me as I have a hard time expressing certain feelings. Let me start by giving you guys a bit of a back story. Well, I was sitting in my car the other day listening to Elton John, feeling rather emotional about what happened to him, I was smoking a bowl of Burley Rhapsody out of one of my Falcons. I was watching a bird sitting alone on a powerline. It was a frigid grey afternoon and the morning was spent trying to convince my district manager that investing in the installment of a bidet on our floor would boost productivity. Even after our two hour conversation he seemed reluctant to the idea. That bird looked so dang lonely but maybe I was projecting my own feelings onto him or her as it moved its head around, in that almost robotic way, that birds do. Grooming its feathers, I thought for a second "is grooming or pruning the correct word for this?" I got lost in my thoughts a bit and I recalled that day on the beach, I believe it was in El Kala but I cannot be sure. The sun was so hot, directly overhead, I recall staggering about that day in the blaring sun, parched yet, I still managed to have a bowl of Scirocco Latakia. Something happened to me that day but its story for another day, I only mention it as to create a bit of context although as I type this, I realize it might not serve to create the right amount of context as I am omitting a key details. Anyway, back to sitting in the car: I had the windows cracked and the vents of the heat and AC directed in a way that pushed the billowing smoke from my Falcon out of the car. The type of car I drive, it's nothing special, and I rather not mention at the moment the make and model. I will say that at the moment it has a thin layer of powdery white salt from the snow storm we had over the weekend. To say it's from the snow storm, I assume if you are reading this you will understand that I mean the white powdery salt is actually from the trucks that salt the roads due to the snow storm, not that the snow itself would leave such a film. That's what I was implying. I guess I should of been more specific, I do not want to create anymore confusion. Anyway, I just want to tell you guys that, you guys mean a lot to me.

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
You've never come across as someone who has a hard time expressing their feelings.

How does a pair of someone's underwear wind up under the seat? Did you have an accident? If you did, would it be upsetting to your spouse? Do you suffer from IBD? If so, it's to be expected.

I wouldn't mind having a bidet, but wouldn't you need several towels to dry your stuff?

I enjoy your posts and glad you are here.

Jan 27, 2020
You've never come across as someone who has a hard time expressing their feelings.

How does a pair of someone's underwear wind up under the seat? Did you have an accident? If you did, would it be upsetting to your spouse? Do you suffer from IBD? If so, it's to be expected.

I wouldn't mind having a bidet, but wouldn't you need several towels to dry your stuff?

I enjoy your posts and glad you are here.

Hi, thank you for your kind words which made a very kindly reply, I do appreciate the sentiment. Regarding the bidet, I suggested that we also install a forced air hand dryer at hip level. My district manager made a face at this suggestion and I could not read his expression exactly in the moment, but in hindsight I would describe it as someplace between annoyance and revulsion. I'm sure you can understand this puts me in an awkward position at work, but still, I believe that a bidet would be the best for everyone on my floor even if my collogues would rather not get involved. I should let it go, I know but, I just cannot. I cannot just turn off my heart.

Jan 27, 2020
Even though you went around Katie's barn to say it, we appreciate you too. All the members are a select group of guys and gals that we have a common interest. Pipe smoking is a bond that we can share. In today's world it is amazing that a group of people can agree on anything. Keep on posting.

I shall! I have many thoughts and feelings to share here. Thank you friend.

Jun 25, 2021
England
I get where you're coming from. To me this forum often seems more than just a forum.

Because we are separated geographically, I get the feeling that that we are forced to develop some kind of telepathic communication. I find it surprising how well we know each other and can build up relationships, even though maybe only a few words are used.
Glad you're with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.