Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
I am just venting and for that I apologize. Seems some A Hole dumped a witches brew of antifreeze, tranny fluid and who knows what. Now the cats are dropping like flies and dying horrible deaths. Animal Control knows, but it seems no one really gives a damn, I mean - after all - they are just cats right? And there is nothing I can do about it. I can't even go over and cover it up. Yes, I have lost what little love or respect I had for my fellow man. Rant over.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I've seen my parent's cat die from this. It's horrible. I am particular to cats, I do like dogs, but cats are more like myself, self reliant to a point and don't like a lot of BS.
I find that cats don't get the same consideration as dogs. For instance, this guy I know is moving. He and his wife have 2 dogs and two cats. He called me and asked if I knew anyone who would take them. So, wherever you are going you can take the dogs, but not the cats? B.S.
He isn't fond of cats due to conversations we've had. I just wanna punch him for being a jerk.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I've seen my parent's cat die from this. It's horrible. I am particular to cats, I do like dogs, but cats are more like myself, self reliant to a point and don't like a lot of BS.
I find that cats don't get the same consideration as dogs. For instance, this guy I know is moving. He and his wife have 2 dogs and two cats. He called me and asked if I knew anyone who would take them. So, wherever you are going you can take the dogs, but not the cats? B.S.
He isn't fond of cats due to conversations we've had. I just wanna punch him for being a jerk.
Or people go dump them somewhere like they know how to survive as a wildcat. Fucking idiots.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Not sure what kind of human being would do this kind of crap. Sorry you have to experience this. I would be livid were it happen to me. I'm not a cat guy but if a neighbor or someone did this and it got my dog, it would not be pretty. I'd possibly end up in jail. If I gave myself a bit of time to think before acting, I'd spend attorney money to file a civil suit and try to cause the prick as much pain as possible.

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
I don’t care who’s property it’s on go dump that shit.
I understand what you are saying. It's trailer park though, with all the stereotypical attributes. People just figured it didn't matter where they dumped it as long as it wasn't their property. Thing is the dogs get walked in that exact spot as well as small children play in it.

Reactions: danimalia

Sonorisis

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 24, 2019
I dealt with something like this a few years ago when a poisoned rat that was still "alive" was flopping around in my yard. I called animal control out of concern that one of the raptors in our neighborhood might take it. They could have given two hoots (no pun intended). So, there I was trying to "clean up" someone else's mess.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
This kind of shit pisses me off to no avail. Although very few of them I'm sure, some asshole hunting guides (and residents) in Alaska will do this with bears to keep them out of their hunting camps and cabins. I've walked up on numerous platforms or cabin steps and there is an antifreeze soaked bowl of dog food on the steps. Makes me want to burn the mothereffer to the ground. I call them in but nobody seems to give a shit.

You chose to set up shop in Alaska, asshole. If you can't deal with the occasional bear break in, then get the fuck out, don't go poisoning the wildlife. Dicks.

litup

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
I had an old witch that lived next to me that was starving her own cat to death. One day I came home and the cat was laying in my driveway and it was so thin I could see all of its ribs. I thought it was already dead because it didn't move when I pulled in. So I backed out of the driveway, drove to the store, and bought some milk and cat food. I left bowls of each in the strip of lawn between our houses.

The next morning I woke up and the bowls were right outside my front door, turned upside down. The cat food was scattered from my door to the lawn. Clearly, I had overstepped my bounds in her mind and she dumped it all out so her cat couldn't eat or drink it.

So I took to leaving the food out on my property only in places where she wouldn't find it. The cat lived for a few more days but I think the damage was done and the cat just disappeared. Thankfully, the old hag died a few months later in her house all by herself. I know they say not to speak ill of the dead, but this lady was a hateful, angry, harpy and I wasn't sorry when her story ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.