PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlattim

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
I just tried SG Brown No. 4 for the first time. I had been a bit cautious with all the warnings about vitamin N. However, lately I have been experimenting with some nasal snuff and have enjoyed the nic hit in the morning. So I decided to up the anty and order some twist tobacco. I normally like to smoke aromatics like Blue Note or Labrador so this was definitely going to be something different. I decided a slow Saturday morning was the time. Opening the tin and found something that looked like my dog had swiped the tobacco and left something else behind. I carefully cut off a coin and rubbed it out, (not quite knowing how to handle it) and filled my favorite Stanwell. Well, I found the smoke to be delightful. Slightly sweet and definitely full feeling in my mouth. I took my time with it and enjoyed the full tobacco flavor with a hint of rum and sweetness, but surely not an aromatic. This tobacco left a pleasant sweet aftertaste in my mouth. I will keep this in my rotation to enjoy slowly in thoughtful times of retrospection. I would advise others who have been a bit put off by the challenge of rope twists to indulge. After all, isn't part of the pipe smoking experience trying things that are new.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I actually prefer the XX Black Twist, but the no 4 is an occasional smoke for me. The trick is to get them at the right humidity, or they are a bitch to keep lit.

Status
Not open for further replies.