Just Thought I'd Show Off My Latest Watch Purchase.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Very sharp looking Seamaster you have there Neal. Though I'm no fan of gold (mind I do have a few rolled gold pocket watches) that ripple effect on your dial looks rather smart. Plus it's the co-axial version too.....nice.
My next watch is likely to be a Certina DS-2 Chronograph. Though a quartz watch, it's no ordinary quartz watch as it is one of these new fangled Thermo-Compensated HAQ (High Accuracy Quartz) movements made by ETA. Allegedly accurate to within 10 seconds per year! Pretty phenomenal in my book.
I shall now attempt to upload a picture properly this time...
c0244471108100_prcmyk_13353-1406103013-1877-600x600.jpg

Regards,
Jay.
EDIT: As expected my image failed again. For some reason I can only get a URL from the thumbnail in 'My Album' and not from the image itself. Oh how I hate Windows 10 :evil:
Edit: fixed image/Al

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Wow! Very nice watch Jay.
Here's mine. A gift from my 4 year old grandson...he picked it out special for his Papa. Imitation leather band, Japan movement and stainless steel back. My daughter said he had a difficult time picking one out...they have so many watches at Walmart. :D
I try to remember to wear it every time I see him. He gets a big smile on his face when he notices me wearing it. It's special to me and I will never part with it.
20181019_075810-edited-450x600.jpg

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
Lovely watch Jay. I am glad you are feeling more your old self too.
For myself, I wear my Tag almost exclusively - there is something about a first class watch which makes the heart sing a little bit.
Mike

Jan 8, 2013
As expected my image failed again. For some reason I can only get a URL from the thumbnail in 'My Album' and not from the image itself. Oh how I hate Windows 10 :evil:
Right click on the image .... open image in new tab.... copy that URL and then paste using the IMG button here.
c0244471108100_prcmyk_13353-1406103013-1877-600x600.jpg

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Anthony, I followed your instructions to the letter but upon doing so when I right click on the new tab picture I only get these options...
1/ Ask Cortana about this picture.
2/ Save picture as.
3/ Save picture.
4/ Select all.
5/ Copy.
....I get no URL option.
This is most frustrating....it never used to be like this.
Regards,
Jay.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Great looking Seamaster, a real classic!
I bought a Swiss-made Accutron chronograph 17 years ago, and chose one where I could read the sub-dials and used it for restaurant service timing. Fast-forward to 2018 and I can no longer see those sub dials without reading glasses....

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Al, I much appreciate your help here I really do. However when I asked Google if Firefox came included with Windows 10 I got the scary message below....
'Microsoft is testing a warning for Windows 10 users not to install Chrome or Firefox. The software giant is in the final stages of testing its Windows 10 October 2018 Update, and testers have spotted a new change that appears when you try to install a rival web browser. “You already have Microsoft Edge – the safer, faster browser for Windows 10” says a prompt that appears when you run the Chrome or Firefox installers on the latest Windows 10 October 2018 Update.'
This post was made 12 September 2018 BTW.
I'm not as computer savvy as I would like to be but as I was about to download Firefox (as I had on my old Vista PC) I spied the above warning. What am I to do? Is not Pipesmagazine.com not up to date with the ever quickening technology?
I know Microsoft do their jolly best to deter folks from going elsewhere but this sounds pretty serious.....if true.....to me.
Regards,
Jay.

Jan 8, 2013
That's just weird. I use Google Chrome with Windows 10 and have never had any issues. I suppose you could try uninstalling and re-installing Windows 10? I'd be frustrated if I couldn't so much as post a photo. Hope you can get it all worked out, Jay.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Right then, through gritted teeth and not without worry I just downloaded Firefox.
I now do see the full list of options when I click on an image in 'My Album' and as Anthony said, the URL (or rather 'Copy Image Location' is now showing whereas it wasn't when using Microsoft Edge browser.....so as a tester I will now try it out..
untitled-600x600.png

Fingers crossed my image will now show...
Regards,
Jay.
EUREKA....it worked! Thanks Al and Anthony, I now have things working as they should :clap:
Interestingly or rather worryingly when I simply typed 'Firefox' into Google using Microsoft Edge as my browser the first thing that showed was a warning from Microsoft reading..
"Microsoft Edge is the faster, safer browser on Windows 10 and it is already installed on your PC"
....this is really awful behaviour from Microsoft.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Good news and yep, they really push you to their software. I've never tried Edge, it could be great. I have used Firefox and Chrome. Chrome has some peculiarities like you just faced, so I went back to Firefox. Unfortunatley, it is a rock-strewn path...

Jan 8, 2013
EUREKA....it worked! Thanks Al and Anthony, I now have things working as they should :clap:
And a great big "Yeeeeeeeeehaaaaawwww!" straight from Texas! :clap: Yep... I just yeehawd. I'm glad you finally were able to get photos working on your end.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Anthony, I'm pretty sure I heard your "Yeeeeeeeeehaaaaawwww" coming from Texas. Of course that could have been the sound of the crowd at the F1 Grand Prix in Austen as Raikkonen took the win over Hamilton :D
Regards,
Jay.

Status
Not open for further replies.