PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
After a recent thread I made about radiator pipes and mentioning that I had considered Falcons a time or two, but never pulled the trigger, I received a Falcon with a lovely briar bowl yesterday in the mail.
It was all cleaned up and shining all pretty, I just ran some more water through it and swabbed it with a few cleaners, washed the bit a tad and loaded it up with some of the tobacco I was also gifted.
I smoked it for the first time this morning with that very blend, Scotty's Butternut Burley, and man was it a great smoke for my morning commute.
I'm now keeping it smokey in my new Falcon pipe, with some PS Nougat in it as I left the other blend at home on accident.
Cheers all!
20190409_114239-463x600.jpg

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Do yourself a favor and invest in a Meer bowl for it! Try 4 Noggiins, well worth the investment... :D
OET4Gb1.jpg

stbruno70

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2013
St Bruno in a Falcon...it doesn't get more Brit than that.
Enjoy your new pipe.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Thanks fellas! I will certainly now be on the lookout for more bowls and do definitely want one of them to be a meerschaum bowl. So far, I have been using this as my commute pipe. Holds just enough tobacco for a half hour commute, plus a little more, depending on how fast I smoke it, which can be a little more than usual. It just smokes so damn easily.
Looks good, I'd guess now You must pick some St Brunos or Condors for that pipe, Congrats, Yet I love this special wool cap of yors, never seen a like.
I have had St. Brunos on my list of stuff to try for a while, so maybe this is now the time to go ahead and pick it up. That hat was hand made for me with love and I love it! Been wearing it every day since I got it!
Do yourself a favor and invest in a Meer bowl for it! Try 4 Noggiins, well worth the investment... :D
Love the way that meer looks, Weez! If I could find one with a design I liked, it will likely be the next bowl I buy for it!
If you like metal....
Anyhow, I was surprised at the width of selection at 4noggins....LINK to page of Falcon bowls.
Which I do! I think it looks great, just like the idea for the radiator pipe. I love how they look. It would definitely be my luck that the few I did like, were currently out of stock. Just have to keep checking back.
St Bruno in a Falcon...it doesn't get more Brit than that.
Enjoy your new pipe.
Thank you Sir! I plan to buy some with my next tobacco order and I will enjoy it thoroughly!
That Falcon looks good on you, Enjoy it!
Thank you Sir! I plan to!
You know, I never thought I would enjoy smoking a pipe like this as much as I do, but my God, the bit is one of the most comfortable I have ever had the pleasure of gnawing on. Looking forward to gathering up a collection of bowls for it!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think Falcon started out in the USA, but moved to UK, though I mistakenly thought that was a recent shift, but found out on Forums that it happened years ago.

tavol

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 23, 2018
I'm glad you like your falcon, I like mine alot. They're an incredibly good smoking pipes but unfortunately they're not the most aesthetic.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I'm glad you like your falcon, I like mine alot. They're an incredibly good smoking pipes but unfortunately they're not the most aesthetic.
I would certainly agree there, but I have to say, the smoke is so good and the bit feels so good to clench that it makes the pipe smoking so enjoyable, that I really don't care how they look now. I thought I would at first, but after smoking on this one for several bowls, I really put the enjoyment over the aesthetic. I'm more concerned someone with think I'm smoking a pipe for green leaf in the car, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.