PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmike

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Just received a sample tin of Maple Street in todays mail from Dream Castle.
Looking forward to tying it out this weekend....
Thanks Dream Castle !!!!

Jul 15, 2011
Big Mike, we need the particulars about this baccy please.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that this was the Sutliff Private Stock tobacco sample that you can get through their website. Maple Street is an aromatic made by Sutliff Private Stock, and Dream Castle was the same address that was on my package from Sutliff when I first got my sample. I have a tin of this in the cellar but haven't opened it yet. I like to save my maple smokes for the fall when it starts to get a little colder outside. You'll ahve to let us know what you think.

maduroman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 15, 2010
i liked it so much i bought a pound of it.... smoke it slow or it will bite.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
For me its nothing super complex but very good, its Maple. Like you used syrup to coat your pipe. Little goopy but if your not trying to finish with that fancy white ash no worries. Needs some drying time like most of their blends and like said before smoke slow. The only blend I have tried so far by them that is better is Molto Dolce, and maybe Taste of Summer. I have about 4 tins so far stored and looking to get a few more.

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
Dream Castle is the distributing arm of Altadis, which indeed markets Sutliff and many other brand names. While some folks knock Altadis, I think they do a great job in trying to offer something for everyone's tastes.

Status
Not open for further replies.