PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

heimedvw

Lurker
Aug 2, 2015
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9) - Bob

Hello guys looking for some advice. I just picked up a Captain Warren by Savinelli pipe with the double wall cooling chamber. Just wonder if anyone is familiar with this style of pipe. I started to give it a good cleaning today. I got the stem cleaned and polished and the years of coke from the bowl. I was wondering if anyone has a trick to remove the bowl? That hasn't probably been removed in many years. Or should I just leave well enough alone?

Last edited by a moderator:

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
004-006-10321.jpg

Something like this perhaps?

As for the cake in the bowl, if you don't have a reamer a sharp knife or sandpaper will do. You can remove some or all of it.

I'm not going to weigh in on the cake vs. no cake debate, but see what works for you.

Reactions: hauntedmyst

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
004-006-10321.jpg

As for the cake in the bowl, if you don't have a reamer a sharp knife or sandpaper will do. You can remove some or all of it.

I'm not going to weigh in on the cake vs. no cake debate, but see what works for you.
The chamber is removable like meerschaum in a gourd.

heimedvw

Lurker
Aug 2, 2015
Here are some pictures. I will give the hair dryer a try to see if that works. I can't wait to try it on the blends that I prefer to smoke cool! Thanks again.

Attachments

• IMG_0594.JPG
    IMG_0594.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0595.JPG
    IMG_0595.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 18

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
004-006-10321.jpg

get a reamer and pay attention to what you're doing. As long as you don't rush the reaming it should work really well.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Moderately hot water maybe? Should be just a gasket that needs to loosen up. My uneducated opinion...

Status
Not open for further replies.