3 Fresh Yuwei Pipes
9 Fresh Winslow Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

heimedvw

Aug 2, 2015
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9) - Bob

Hello guys looking for some advice. I just picked up a Captain Warren by Savinelli pipe with the double wall cooling chamber. Just wonder if anyone is familiar with this style of pipe. I started to give it a good cleaning today. I got the stem cleaned and polished and the years of coke from the bowl. I was wondering if anyone has a trick to remove the bowl? That hasn't probably been removed in many years. Or should I just leave well enough alone?

Last edited by a moderator:

mikethompson

Preferred Member
Jun 26, 2016

Something like this perhaps?

As for the cake in the bowl, if you don't have a reamer a sharp knife or sandpaper will do. You can remove some or all of it.

I'm not going to weigh in on the cake vs. no cake debate, but see what works for you.

Reactions: hauntedmyst

chasingembers

Preferred Member
Nov 12, 2014

As for the cake in the bowl, if you don't have a reamer a sharp knife or sandpaper will do. You can remove some or all of it.

I'm not going to weigh in on the cake vs. no cake debate, but see what works for you.
The chamber is removable like meerschaum in a gourd.

anotherbob

Preferred Member

get a reamer and pay attention to what you're doing. As long as you don't rush the reaming it should work really well.

weezell

Preferred Member
Oct 12, 2011
Moderately hot water maybe? Should be just a gasket that needs to loosen up. My uneducated opinion...