Just ordered 3rd pipe in 2 weeks. Might have PAD.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmarriner

Lurker
Feb 24, 2014
So it seems I have jumped into the deep end feet first with this whole pipe hobby. I just ordered my 3rd pipe.
1549532_871160819567407_1586038022_n.jpg

I really like the look of it and THIS TIME, I checked the bowl size against the cob I have and its almost identical. So its going to give me about an hour at a full bowl. Not to bad.
Also ordered three tins of Tobacco, HH Old Dried Fired, HH Highlander, and Comoy's Cask No 9.
Got two buddies to join in on the fun and placed an order for a cob for each of them as well. I think we might create a Pipe and Cigar club over here. Should prove interesting.
Jim

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Very nice pipe with some fine bird's eye on it. Yes, you may indeed have serious PAD. That's not a bad thing, just expensive if it gets out of hand. Enjoy and happy smoke rings.

tankbuster183

Lurker
Feb 27, 2014
Deptford NJ
PAD is "pipe acquisition disorder".
That would lead to AWS* at my house; too many of these leads to SOC** evenings.
* Angry Wife Syndrome

**Sleeping on Couch

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's the great thing about just starting out. Three pipes in two weeks is no big deal. You have to build a rotation.

You can't even describe it as Pipe Acquisition Disorder. You are merely establishing your modest group of pipes.

It's when you have twenty, thirty, forty, or ... never mind. You think, just this one last pipe, that you then purchase,

and then a month later, you think, just this one last pipe. And pretty soon, you're not believing yourself.

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
It seems to be a natural development. My goal was to get a half dozen good pipes and call it a day. I have been able to keep it under 25 only by selling or trading off several every six months or so. I am so ashamed of my lack of self discipline. :oops: I have two more on the way and a commission pending.

jsmarriner

Lurker
Feb 24, 2014
So, I got this beauty in the mail today along with some other goodies. And I have to say I think it looks better in person than in the pictures. Its not quite as orange, more of an brownish orange. I couldnt be happier with it. Unfortunately the weather was not playing nice and I was not able to give it its maiden smoke. But that day is around the corner.

ocpsdan

Can't Leave
May 7, 2012
Michigan
You're well on your way, jsmarriner. Off to a great start it looks like! Nothing beats having friends to smoke pipes with and shoot the breeze.

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
PAD is "pipe acquisition disorder".
That would lead to AWS* at my house; too many of these leads to SOC** evenings.
* Angry Wife Syndrome

**Sleeping on Couch
I find it helpful to promote OWS* in my house by keeping much of my pipe-related activity on the down low. Also, great acquisition JS! Hope the weather allows you out for a puff.
*Oblivious Wife Syndrome

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
That's a great looking pipe. Looks to be a nice size for flakes and virginia's. Enjoy.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Hello, my name is Mike and am a PADict. I'm up to fifty pipes now. I've slowed down now that I have a pipe in just about every shape I'm interested in owning. It's just that if I see an auction on ebay ending in two minutes with no bids I can't resist. Someday I'm going to have a huge sale.(Or my heirs will)
So welcome to the club! you are off to a wonderful start with that beautiful pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.