PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crawdad

Lifer
Jul 19, 2019
Virginia
I was wondering if anyone here smokes only one specific tobacco? If such a mythical creature exists, which tobacco do you smoke?

Jun 23, 2019
@Hap probably hit it on the nose.
@ashdigger - nevermind the philosophical/massive difference between your habits and a "one-tobacco" man; but what do you think are the reasons you enjoy Granger as your main go to?

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Lukas, to directly answer your question... I haven't the foggiest....other than I smoke when I'm working or driving and Granger gives me flavor with zero effort or brain stem activity. I load, light and move on.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My dad smoked Granger from age 15 to 65, when he quit. Lived to 89, licensed to drive without glasses. He only smoked one pipe at a time until it burnt out, and smoked more or less all day. He was a kid of the Great Depression.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
If Esoteric Dunbar weren't a billion dollars per ribbon, I would probably smoke only that and Plum Pudding Reserve like 80% of the time.
That's as close as I can get, haha. If you made me choose between english and vaper my head would explode, and I need to retain at least 20% of my smoking opportunities for continued exploration in my ongoing state of perpetual n00bness.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Angler's Dream
I like Angler's Dream! I usually bring it fishing, as it's a tasty blend for me, and at that price I don't mind letting my buddies burn it to death in a cob while asking me why I even bother smoking pipes when I could just get pig drunk, light up a stogie, and puke in the river like they do.
One day they'll come around.... #falsehopes

crawdad

Lifer
Jul 19, 2019
Virginia
I have smoked and still smoke many tobaccos, but here lately, and I mean 90% of the time, I smoke one tobacco. Granger.
My favorite go-to ‘baccy as well. Nice to see another fan in a sea of SWR, PA, and CH smokers. If I wasn’t sampling other tobaccos, I would be smoking only Granger.

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
My uncle's not here. But, he smoked only Carter Hall. So, there are people who only smoke one brand. It's not a myth.

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
I used to smoke exclusively Dunhill Elizabethan Mixture for about the first two years of smoking a pipe and I was happy with it. When I ran out of it, I was forced to try other tobaccos and developed some burley blends that are now among my favourites... If I'd find one blend, that I really really like, I could imagine, going "monogamous" again...

Status
Not open for further replies.