PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
I'm a happy guy- after weeks of working some really long hours before Christmas, I finally ended up with 4 days to spend in the shop...Ended up with this Morta Author. The stem is some of the SEM stock- a black and white ebonite. Thought the combination worked pretty well together...

xo36rr.jpg

xkw4go.jpg

dvrnzp.jpg

33mpna0.jpg

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Some of the finicky line-based profile stuff can't be seen in those photos, but what they do show looks good indeed.
You have come quite far in the past couple years, Zack. Good job, and nice pipe!

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Thanks Bradley!
...and George, If you ever want to spend some time in Florida, we'll put you up in one wing of the house...I'll show you the beaches,tiki bars,and girls in bikinis and you show me how to actually cut a stem properly...(actually a week might not be enough time for that lesson:)

bungee

Can't Leave
Oct 31, 2015
It is a great shape and the morta and great blast make it look even better. The stem material selection adds to the overall maculine/rugged feel of the pipe.
Would love to have it in my collection.
Cheers,
J

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Zack, bring it over to my house next week when we have dinner and I will give you an honest appraisal of how it smokes. If I like it, I'll throw you a C-Note, after all it will be a used pipe. lololol It sure is a pretty pipe, well done buddy.

fordm60

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2014
That turned out superbly!! Love the shape and texture of the pipe. The stem looks like black and sorta olive drab to me, but I find it to be beautiful. Great job Zack!!

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
@cigrmaster
Zack, bring it over to my house next week when we have dinner and I will give you an honest appraisal of how it smokes

Harris, it's a terrible pipe that will probably really hurt your gums...and besides, it's made with that nasty wood that's been buried under the swamp for 3,700 years... At dinner, I will bring you that crappy pipe you left at my house made by that Rad guy...hopefully by then, I can pry the screen out of the bottom and get some of that gunk and seeds scraped out of it...
@fordm60
The stem looks like black and sorta olive drab to me, but I find it to be beautiful
Yeah- the guys at SEM call it Black and White- it's actually more a Black and Tan....

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Excellent!
I'd be willing to trade photography lessons for a week in the cabana or South Wing of your house, but you don't need 'em!
The whole effect is just right, with the stem being the knock out punch.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Zack, I really like that colored stem, I think I will have you put it on my first pipe I ever bought( my savinelli) I will smoke it so much more if I could get that acrylic thing off of it. Oh yeah, don't forget that Rad I left at your house, you have had plenty of time to copy his stem work, so much so that you had best be near perfect cutting stems.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
don't forget that Rad I left at your house, you have had plenty of time to copy his stem work, so much so that you had best be near perfect cutting stems.
I've got that down,,,the problem is I think you lost a few more teeth in the past few months....may have to stick a softy bit on it for ya...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.