PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mtalent

Lurker
Jun 19, 2022
Well I got what I asked for, I was wondering about the ATF's interest in local untaxed tobacco consumption. Thanks for the help on that. I think the, get to know the farmer is my best bet. Now how to do that, I am thinking maybe the corn cob pipe with the tobacco blend is pobably the best id. Kind of defeats the purpose, I think I am going to just go up to one of the houses close to the road surrounded by tabacco fields, and indroduce myself and see what happens. So far southern hospitality is real in NC, especially compared to California. And finally the picture of the plants from pipingntrucking looks different, I am going to question my friend Juni again and show him both pictures

thanks for the
welcome
Mark

Reactions: romaso

Pipingntrucking

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 9, 2022
Zebulon-JoCo NC
Well I got what I asked for, I was wondering about the ATF's interest in local untaxed tobacco consumption. Thanks for the help on that. I think the, get to know the farmer is my best bet. Now how to do that, I am thinking maybe the corn cob pipe with the tobacco blend is pobably the best id. Kind of defeats the purpose, I think I am going to just go up to one of the houses close to the road surrounded by tabacco fields, and indroduce myself and see what happens. So far southern hospitality is real in NC, especially compared to California. And finally the picture of the plants from pipingntrucking looks different, I am going to question my friend Juni again and show him both pictures

thanks for the
welcome
Mark
That would be a good start! Depending on location. Growing up if you wanted to fish in someone's pond it wasn't uncommon for someone to approach you and ask permission. With so many out of state refugees coming in though things have changed. I have never seen so many no trespassing signs in my life as I have seen popping up over the past 15 years. You'll know those of us that grew up local and the ones that integrated versus the locusts (nicest way I could put it for those here for business reasons and no intention on setting root) . It'll either be by accent or attitude.
Finding local general stores or even the local farmers market will make it easier to get to know the folks around. Give a drive around the country side and get familiar with all the crops being planted you'll start seeing the differences. Corn, tobacco, peanut, beans, cabbage, silage, sweet potato, cotton many others.

Welcome from NC. In JoCo. ! I think I forgot to say that in my response.

Reactions: romaso