PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

drumdude777

Lurker
Jan 18, 2020
I have been among you fine pipers for about a year, but seriously only for about 4-6 months. Ive been a tobacco lover since I was child, just the smell of it. Driving in downtown Durham NC while they still made tobacco products....ah, heavenly smell.

As for pipes, started out with OTC capt black blends and have tried several bulk blends. I enjoy Vapers, virginias, some burleys, and enjoy english fairly well. I still havent gotten any "premium" tobacco yet....nothing tinned...but I plan to shortly. Probably Orlik golden slices, perhaps Ecsudo.

I have many questions...but for now, Im glad to be here!

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Welcome to the forum from Knik River, Alaska!

If you’re into bulks, get Sutliff Match Victorian (Va/per) Arango/Stokkebye Balkan Supreme (English/Balkan), and some Newminster No. 400 (VA).

When you go to premium tins, hit up some Peterson Navy Rolls (Va/per), Seattle Pipe Club Plum Pudding (English/Balkan), and some Capstan Blue Flake (VA).

In the Burley world, any Cornell and Diehl Burley based blend will do in bulk. For premium tins, Solani Aged Burley Flake or if its not around MacBaren HH Burley Flake is a winner thats much easier to find.

Theres other good stuff out there once you get rolling, but those are all easy to find online and damn fine!

Welcome again!

Last edited:

indoeuro

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Central Texas
Welcome! It's hard not to get overwhelmed by the sheer variety of tobaccos out there, especially the relatively upscale stuff. That's why I smoke everything, and you should too.

Reactions: diamondback

Idahojoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 30, 2019
Wilder, Idaho
Hello and welcome from Idaho!
This is the place to be if you wish to learn about new tobaccos you may wish to try.
Happy smoking my friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.