PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
SC, that's smokingpipes.com country; I think they're just outside of Myrtle Beach. Welcome from central North Carolina. We used to look over the fence from Navy boot camp in San Diego and see the Marine recruits chuffing out the miles on the track. At the time, Navy boot was more about mastering the organizational stop-and-start patience they figured was what makes warships run. Standing in ranks for two hours before dawn for breakfast ... but I'm sure the Marine recruits did that as well. Vets are probably not quite like other citizenry.

Reactions: Jshogan2

NEmery

Lurker
Dec 31, 2019
Beaufort, SC
SC, that's smokingpipes.com country; I think they're just outside of Myrtle Beach. Vets are probably not quite like other citizenry.
yeah, they are just north. I am planning a trip up there next week. I just ordered some Spark Plug from them yesterday afternoon and it was already delivered today. HAHA. as for Vets, yeah we are all a bit different.

Reactions: Jshogan2

NEmery

Lurker
Dec 31, 2019
Beaufort, SC
Really? I don't know of any. Where do they hang out?
I know of about 3 other that me that work on the Air Station, then a friend of mine, and I know there was another 1 or 2 but I can't remember who they were. Haha. However, I have never seen anybody else ever smoke a pipe at Beaufort tobacco, or even at Peaceful Henry's.

maulragoth

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2018
...That will be $11.82 for the service.
Yeeeah, ... :/ And look! You're getting hit for another 8-10% on everything you buy, and getting "storage fee'd" for everything ordered online now too! And what cranial invalids are being duped to think they got a raise when upping the min wage out there to $13, and next $15?? Here's to whatching any bank savings evaporate... might as well invest it now in tobacco to keep up with the inflation.

chs110

Lurker
Feb 25, 2015
I know of about 3 other that me that work on the Air Station, then a friend of mine, and I know there was another 1 or 2 but I can't remember who they were. Haha. However, I have never seen anybody else ever smoke a pipe at Beaufort tobacco, or even at Peaceful Henry's.
Peaceful Henry's is very cigar-oriented. Same with Beaufort Tobacco. They all have pipe tobacco in jars, but I would how long it's been sitting in there and how well it's been take care of.

NEmery

Lurker
Dec 31, 2019
Beaufort, SC
Peaceful Henry's is very cigar-oriented. Same with Beaufort Tobacco. They all have pipe tobacco in jars, but I would how long it's been sitting in there and how well it's been take care of.
Yeah, I picked up some C&D Bayou Morning from the store near Parris Island that was a bit dry. I put some bourbon on a paper towel and peaked it inside a jar with some of it and it hydrated pretty well and was tasty. LOL. I know that PH has humidity packets in their jars, though. I stopped into Lowcountry Pipes (smokingpipes.com) last Saturday while we were up that way and was a little bit overwhelmed.

chs110

Lurker
Feb 25, 2015
chs110, you just stay at home with your pipes, or do you take them out with you someplace here in town?
Almost never take my pipe with me. Small town, not enough time to properly smoke a pipe. Plus, can't smoke my pipe at my destination. How about you?

NEmery

Lurker
Dec 31, 2019
Beaufort, SC
Almost never take my pipe with me. Small town, not enough time to properly smoke a pipe. Plus, can't smoke my pipe at my destination. How about you?
I almost always take a pipe with me, just in case. If we go somewhere that I have a moment to sit and relax, or where I can Lunt, I will pack it and smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.