PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iowamike

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2010
thanks bubba

Was going to get some Shortcut to Mushrooms but thinking I will add a pound of 1Q as well.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
I keep saying I am going to order some Shortcut to Mushrooms but I like to order big and that is the only thing I want from JFH!! One of these days I will actually get around to ordering it! Have you ever tried Lane's 1Q before?

iowamike

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2010
yes Bubba I love the 1Q! I smoke it more that anything else I have. A sample of STM could come your when I order if you like.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
I have had STM before and it was excellent! Thank you for the offer but I really need to buy a pound for myself! Too bad I just placed a large (for me) order with Pipesandcigars.com!

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
I agree with Bubba.....I don't think Chevrolet would call one of their models a Mustang....Likewise I believe that JFH deals with Lanes 1Q rather than calling one of their blends by the same name. And I also agree that SCTM is marvelous!.... :D

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
I have been smoking some Capt. Black in the gold package and really enjoying it. I read somewhere that it is the same blend as Lanes 1Q. Do any of you know if that is right? I know Lanes produces Capt. Black and that the white package tast and looks like RLP-6 bulk. I was just wandering because I may have found another Fav. and would like to order in bulk.

abecox

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2010
I would say its the same. I got my first sample of 1Q from Just for Him and its the same as I've bought from P&C.

cornguy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2011
JWP159, to my taste, and I realize we're all different, 1Q is very, very close to Cap'n Black Royal (Blue). The good news is I can get 1Q for $2.50 an ounce, cheaper than the five-bucks-plus I pay for the 1.5-ounce pouch of the Cap'n.

Both CB Royal and 1Q are at the top of my favorites list. And CB White is right up there with them. While CB gold is fine it's my least favorite of the three.

In the last couple of weeks, I've been smoking these 3 blends with very little deviation, except for Lane's Burley Light and a Lane's blend my local tobacco shop labels as "Limited."

I've smoked four different Lane's bulk blends and enjoyed them all.

mlaug

Part of the Furniture Now
May 23, 2010
Iowa
Let me know if this works for you Mike....I haven't tried any of their blends yet as they state they won't ship to Iowa.

oldjazzlover

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2011
I think it's the same! I know tinder box has a blend similar to CB blue and it's one of their house blends. I think if it were one of JH's house blends they would name it different. I taste the same to me though, and if it's not it's a very close match.

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
thanks for the info. I will give the blue a try and I will order some 1Q and compare.

Status
Not open for further replies.