Just For Fun

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

On Facebook, someone had created a spoof Google account and was posting that they apologized, but Google maps was going to be delayed until they could some more balloons in service.

Also, with companies going high tech, and hobbyist with access to more and more technology, it seems like they would have issued more warnings. I mean, anyone could be making some sort of mid level satellites these days.

Reactions: JOHN72

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Just more misdirection, distractions and psy-ops.

EDIT: Oh, and your tax dollars at work:

First Sidewinder Missile Targeting Object Over Lake Huron Missed At Cost Of $400,000

$800,000 in munitions at taxpayer expense to take out a small 'balloon'....

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
$800,000 in munitions at taxpayer expense to take out a small 'balloon'....
Pennies compared to the billions going into the slavic black hole laundromat.

But mighty useful to distract from the billions going into and coming from said laundromat.

Anyway, I've the perfect blends to smoke whilst watching all that:

003-029-0085.jpg

003-449-0001.jpg

puffy puffy puffy puffy

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Those 'weather balloons' [cough cough] would be a great method of spreading a nasty virus around the world if someone was so inclined.

Also, I wonder how long it would take for an object roughly the same size & weight of a family saloon to fall to earth from say 50/60,000 feet? Would a DEW system be able to pick it up?

Regards,

Jay.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Those 'weather balloons' [cough cough] would be a great method of spreading a nasty virus around the world if someone was so inclined.

Also, I wonder how long it would take for an object roughly the same size & weight of a family saloon to fall to earth from say 50/60,000 feet? Would a DEW system be able to pick it up?

Regards,

Jay.
Possible bio weapon can be a concern. They should have completely incinerated it in the air. But I guess they wanted to investigate the thing. Should have been done as soon as it violated our air space. I'm not sure if we have a weapon that can incinerate an object in the air. Never heard of flame thrower for a fighter jet.

Reactions: Briar Tuck
Possible bio weapon can be a concern. They should have completely incinerated it in the air. But I guess they wanted to investigate the thing. Should have been done as soon as it violated our air space. I'm not sure if we have a weapon that can incinerate an object in the air. Never heard of flame thrower for a fighter jet.
My understanding is that, that altitude was never monitored before, and the reason they saw these things was because they had recalibrated their instruments to include it. We have always had weather balloons and cameras, and all sorts of other instruments hovering at that altitude. The reason for them to act as they did, was because of the media and public outcry.

How do people think that we get all of those Google images of Earth? Also, how do they track storm information? They use these low altitude satellites. And, many other corporations also have instruments at that altitude also.

They only did something because yahoos started making a fuss. They do not interfere with air travel because they are above that, and usually never show up on radar, because... as I explained above.

I am just waiting to hear whether some of these belonged to US corporations and whether they make a big deal out losing them.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
My understanding is that, that altitude was never monitored before, and the reason they saw these things was because they had recalibrated their instruments to include it. We have always had weather balloons and cameras, and all sorts of other instruments hovering at that altitude. The reason for them to act as they did, was because of the media and public outcry.

How do people think that we get all of those Google images of Earth? Also, how do they track storm information? They use these low altitude satellites. And, many other corporations also have instruments at that altitude also.

They only did something because yahoos started making a fuss. They do not interfere with air travel because they are above that, and usually never show up on radar, because... as I explained above.

I am just waiting to hear whether some of these belonged to US corporations and whether they make a big deal out losing them.
That's what they say. If it's from US corp or even foreign corp, I would imagine we would have heard by now. Or at least, those corp should have noticed their instruments are down. It's all very puzzling with so much lack of communications.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion

You've a point there.

Exhibit: Pentagon testing mass surveillance balloons across the US - https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/aug/02/pentagon-balloons-surveillance-midwest

They only did something because yahoos started making a fuss.
Or because the higher yahoos needed a distraction.