PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
I've been working on this set for a couple of years and finally found the last piece (Hudson Ebony). All of the pipes are based on the XL21 shape but in this set each pipe has a different color, texture or silverwork, so each pipe shares the shape but is uniquely distinct from the others.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Very nice set! I've always thought Peterson had a very good take on the classic bulldog shape.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Very nice Dutch, beautiful. Now post a picture along with these beauties of your amazing GBD's. :clap:

Jan 8, 2013
Wonderful set! Congratulations, and enjoy the heck out of them. I'm hoping to make a seven day set of Silver Spigots or XL90s. I'm closer to the Xl90 set as I've four of them, including one of my two silver spigots. Although a seven day set of different shaped silver spigots would be quite nice too.

katarn07

Might Stick Around
Mar 1, 2016
I had never understood why people bought multiple versions of the same pipe. If I only can afford/display "X" amount of pipes, I would have thought I'd want variety in shapes and manufacturers. That said your post shows me how wrong I was! I probably won't double up on any pipes due to the aforementioned money/space issue but I get why people do it now. Do you have a shot of them all on the rack together?

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
All of those shots were seller's pictures I assembled into a single picture. I'll get my camera when I go to Gloucester again and add that shot

Anthony, here is a picture of the Spigot/Army mounts I collected. Hope it's inspiration

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Somebody has a thing for Bulldogs! Both sets are beautiful.
I'll have to agree with lohengrin in that the St Patrick's Day 2001 is also my favorite.
I also agree with katarn07 when he states "I had never understood why people bought multiple versions of the same pipe."
Congratulations!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Glouchesterman and I are alike in that we each love having a particular shape in various finishes. OCD at work? If so, there's lots of more expensive ways to satisfy that itch than pipes.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
For me it's the way a pipe smokes that makes me want a number of them. GBDs 9438 and Peterson's XL21 are pipes that smoke just like I want a pipe to smoke. The different finishes just make the collection interesting. I agree with Al, probably a little OCD involved as I like my sets to have an example of all the finishes the pipe was available in. Approach collecting this way and you'll never buy a pipe you don't like and you'll always have a pipe or two on your "Holy Grail" list to keep life interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.