PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Search on Site

Recent Posts

trouttimes

Preferred Member
Nov 26, 2018
I just finished making an a pipe out of applewood and no I won't post pics because it looks like something a drunk carpenter made and I can't handle the crap you guys will give me. My therapist has enough to work with already. I a sensitive guy you know. Has anyone else made a pipe out of applewood? Can you taste a difference?

mechanic

Dec 1, 2018
I wonder if it will add sweetness i use apple wood chips when cooking chicken on the grill adds some sweet flavor.

mau1

Preferred Member
Jan 5, 2018
Canada
I read Just Finished Making An Apple Pie and started drooling. The mind sees what the mind wants to see.

olkofri

Preferred Member
Sep 9, 2017
Please tell me you ain't gonna ruin the fruit flavor with latakia... :nana:

trouttimes

Preferred Member
Nov 26, 2018
Sorry I said no to pics. I'm too sensitive to take the criticism from all you trolls. I expect I'll smoke 965 to break it in.

ashdigger

Preferred Member
Jul 30, 2016
Sorry I said no to pics. I'm too sensitive to take the criticism from all you trolls.
If I told you once I told you a million times, don't exaggerate the power of the Troll.
Besides, how could it look worse than a cob?

timt

Preferred Member
Jul 19, 2018
Besides, how could it look worse than a cob?
By looking like a Dunhill! [8O]
Now look at what you two have done. You've hurt my feelings terribly. Shame on both of you. :crying:

hoosierpipeguy

Preferred Member
Jan 28, 2018
A pipe adding sweetness is a myth, at least long term. What you hope for its for the pipe to be neutral. Where is that sweetness adder going to come from? Would have to be like guns in a movie where they seem to have an endless supply of bullets.

canucklehead

Aug 1, 2018

I've made a few ugly pipes out of crabapple wood. They taste good,there's a little bit of apple wood smoke taste for the first bowl or two but they're pretty neutral tasting after that. Show us pics!