PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
Hey guys hope everyone is doing well and staying warm! A bit of exciting news... I booked my honeymoon today to Scotland! Its all coming to life now that I purchased the tickets and am booking all our bed and breafast's and black houses to stay in. I cant wait to get out for a couple weeks and explore my "home land"! Also, I will of course be on the hunt for some great tobacco and pipes in the Scotland area.. If anyone has any personal experience with any good tobacco and or pipe stuff out in Scotland I would love to hear about it.. I will be sure to post plenty of beautiful pics when I return. Just wanted to share my excitement with the pipesmagazine brothers and sisters! Smeigs

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Congrats Smeigs, enjoy yourself! Just remember if anyone says anything to you in Gaelic just respond with a hearty

"BUAIDH NO BAS!!!"

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
Thanks everyone! We will be in Edinburgh, Inverness, Ullapool, Isle of Lewis, Isle of Skye and Glasgow to finish it off.. Its gonna be a long and great trip.. I know on the Islands they mainly speak Gaelic, so it should be interesting haha!

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Congrats and I hope you and your bride have a safe and happy trip. Look forward to the pics when you return.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
First honeymoon (I was eventually a widower) we went to New Orleans well before Katrina and ate wonderful

food and heard great music. Second honeymoon was really before the wedding as it turned out, when we went

to Paris -- you reach a certain age, you seize the day, though we'd known each other for forty years. Scotland

is a lovely place, with the production of whisky wafting through the air in Edinburgh. "What's that smell," my

wife asked a local, in a friendly way. "Why, it's me, my dear," he responded.

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Hoot mon! Sounds like a great trip. We're also planning a trip to Scotland and England this summer to introduce our tot to her heritage. Any piping I get in will have to be while my ladies are otherwise engaged

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I would love to see Scotland! Very cool destination indeed. Truth be told, if you have good company any where will do. Congratulations for finding your special one. I wish you all the best in your future together.

Status
Not open for further replies.