PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Dealing with mark at smokingpipes.com I've just completed my first transaction with them. I traded a few Dunhills for a Rasmussen and some tins of the new Tsuge God series. I was quite surprised at how fair they were. Rather than deal with the headaches associated with selling on eBay as well as the very fair credit given, I look forward to dealing with them again. I was very pleasantly surprised and would highly recommend!!!

Turns out my low expectations were without merit.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
They are the best, Josh with SPC saw I had issues with the St Claude and wanted to know if he could help out, how about that, will give the pipe a little more time, but hey Talk about Service.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
I recently sent in a bunch of mid-level pipes to Smokingpipes for trade, rather than sell them piecemeal on eBay. I received a credit that was about 20% more than I expected, which I then converted into a Ferndown, a Northern Briars, and a Dunhill, plus several miscellaneous tins of tobacco that I have wanted to sample. The package arrived perfectly packed, all contents safe and in perfect condition. I fully intend to partake of their goods and services in the future. I have always receive excellent service from Smokingpipes.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I too have had nothing but good experiences with SP and they have become one of my main resources for pipes, tobacco and smoking accessories. Very easy to deal with even though I am in Canada. :puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Unless you are an ebay veteran, and can spend the time at it, I'd trade your pipes to SP for retail credit. On ebay, your time and potential misrepresentation eats up any extra profit you might wring out of a pipe. I've had several good experiences with SP that I won't recite again, but they are forthcoming to their customers. LIkewise, I think most are better buying estate pipes from them than on ebay where you simply can't know what you're getting.

graydawn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2014
I agree. Ted, Josh, and Chip are the best. Extremely fair pricing, store credits, they do go out of their way for their customers . Same at the shows. In Chicago their room had refreshments and the show table complete with espresso machine.

As eBay is presenting more and more problems with the bidding issues, poor photography, etc., Smoking Pipes has stepped up with stellar products and service.
Richard

disciplewalk

Lurker
Jan 2, 2015
I just received my first order from them on Wednesday. I took advantage of their bulk sale (5 x 2 oz for $20) Hearth and Home Signature Berry Nice, Trout Stream, Butternut Burley, Sutliff Black Kathy, and Captain Black Dark. A little over $25 with shipping and was delivered super fast (about 4 days). Each of these has proved to be very good (although I am absolutely loving the Captain Black Dark...might be my new favorite). I will definitely be ordering from them again in the future.

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
Definitely a good organization. SPC and PCC get the lion's share of my money for pipes and tobacco. Both establishments have knowledgeable, friendly staff willing to spend as much time needed answering questions and offering support in general.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I don't know what you guys are talking about. I receive nothing but crappy service from these guys. They have horrible selection, barely even cater to pipe smokers and clearly do not know anything about the products the sell.....
Okay, back to reality, SP.com is #1 in the industry in my books!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have been doing business with Sp since 2000 I believe and not once did I ever have a bad expereience. They go out of their way to make the customer happy and I for one appreciate all of their efforts. They are number 1 in my book.

geirove

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 10, 2014
Im a little dissapointed they dont ship pipes internationally, even they are such a big vendor. They got some Nording Classics I cant find anywhere else

geirove

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 10, 2014
I'm pretty sure smokingpipes.com does ship internationally. They definitely ship to Canada.
Jupp, sorry!
Its pipesandcigars.com that does not ship internationally, my bad

Status
Not open for further replies.