PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jwebb90

Lifer
Feb 17, 2020
Ruse, Bulgaria
The website states "Transparency: this is a sourced blend under my own house label." Is this an existing blend that he pressed into a plug? If so, what blend is it? I wanted to ask before forking out the 45 bucks for it.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Yes. It's existing blend/s. What it is exactly, I don't think he divulges. He likes to create the illusion of "magic" in the kitchen.

Maybe it's his mundungus jar, and he lovingly presses it and sells it.

• Haha
Reactions: rushx9 and BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
The website states "Transparency: this is a sourced blend under my own house label." Is this an existing blend that he pressed into a plug? If so, what blend is it? I wanted to ask before forking out the 45 bucks for it.
I’m gonna guess it’s a plug that he just cuts? Not sure.

like one that isn’t available here?

Reactions: rushx9

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think I'd rather buy an established brand that names what they sell and divulges what the constituent tobaccos and flavorings, if any, are. Otherwise, I think you are just paying a markup with little or no value added.

Reactions: BROBS

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
I believe it means he worked with another company to provide the tobacco and press the plug for him and then he just sells it. I don't know of any red Virginia plugs on the market. And I know he worked with the company to get it exactly like he wanted. The first round of production the plugs were around twice as tall with the newer batches being more normal plug thickness. It's good stuff if you like Red Virginia.

Reactions: lightmybriar

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Ok I must have misunderstood his disclaimer too then. It says it’s another company’s blend repacked by him.

Status
Not open for further replies.