PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlaug

Part of the Furniture Now
May 23, 2010
Iowa
I married my sweetie. Twenty nine years ago today.
MikeLeesa.jpg

Lord, but we looked like kids. I guess we were kids.
:laughat: Check out my 80's hair!
We went on our honeymoon and I took this ol' Ben Wade Golden Walnut along on the trip.
BenWadePrebanHolmMedium.jpg

This is the sign of a hardcore piper...when you remember what pipe you smoked on your honeymoon. :oops:
Its been a good ride. I think we'll try it one more year.
:puffpipe:

mlaug

May 23, 2010
Iowa
LOL!!
I grow on people, kinda like fungus. :mrgreen:
Fortunately, she has yet to realize what a huge mistake she's made.
Thanks for the well wishes.
Uber- I know it doesn't seem like it, but you won't beleive how fast the time gets away. Life really is short, so go for it, every day.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Congratulations !
At least you weren't wearing that "Ruffled" shirt that was so popular back then. For those that forgot (or are too young)
fyVMtP8A

bigmike

Apr 24, 2012
Did you take the M1 Garand on your honeymoon as well...........lol
Congratulations and many more Happy Years Together. :clap:

mlaug

May 23, 2010
Iowa
Like most grooms, I wasn't allowed any input on my attire.
Thankfully, no frilly shirts.
The sense of fashion was sorely lacking back then. I probably still have leisure suits around here somewhere. :P One item I still cling to is the big clunky Danish freehands of that era. God help me, but I love them so. Too many of the great old makers are gone, too.
HA! No rifles on the honeymoon, but I did get this one from my bride on our 25th.
winchesterMedium.jpg

She penned a very nice note and put it in the butt trap. Someday, someone will find it and know that Leesa loves me like no one else. I just about cried when I got that present and found the note.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Nice rifle !
And, believe it or not, in the late 80's when I did my service we were still trained on how to use, clean and disassemble that rifle as well as the Lee Enfield. Just in case we came across a relic somewhere I guess.... :rofl:
But I always loved shooting them. They had such a nice heavy and steady feel to them. More so than an assault rifle 50% out of polymer and sheet metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.