PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
With the recent thread that went a bit off topic that Rangerearthpig started about his bike Betty, and turned into discussion about the Airborne forces of the world I thought I would put a call out to any other jumpers or ex-jumpers in the forum. Stand up and be counted jumpers. Who else served while jumping into danger? Airborne forces throughout the world all qualify! Coin Check gentlemen! Just to add to the fun throw a pic or two up from your collection.
2cdo-b-coy-1990-600x354.jpg

Oh, I'm third from the right bottom row. 2CDO B-Coy Circa 1990 Taken at DZ Anzio Petawawa Ontario

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Jumped in training, never used it, but rolled over the gunnels of many a swift boat into the water. Forgot to mention my son was a pathfinder in the Airborne, jumped with the Old Timers on the 50th anniversary of D-Day. He made me Proud.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
The great Airborne regiment was disbanded before my chance to serve with them but served with a great bunch of guys from its ranks and proud to call them brother-in-arms during my military service. Up The Johns!!

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
March 6th 1995 a day that will go down in infamy blueeyedogre I was there for the standing down of the colours. The saddest day of my military career and one I will never forgive our politicians for. But you know what they say, you can take the man out of the Airborne but never the Airborne out of the man! Thank you both for your service!

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
I had the honor of having Major Goddart (spelling? was a while ago) of the PPCLI as our company commander right after his departure from the Jump School in Edmonton. He was a great inspiration to us lowly recruits as a C.O. that believed in leading his troops from the front. Several of our N.C.O.'s were Jump qualified lads in Wainwright.

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
This could get expensive for me if we all get together at some point for a pipe! LOL

rangerearthpig

Jan 5, 2014
Great pics! Thank you all for your service!
Here's a few more:
ptsalinasdz-600x477.jpg

A friend of mine took this one. It's Pt. Salinas DZ on Ft. Lewis, WA...Mt. Rainier in the background.
earthpigs_4-600x407.jpg

Maggot Squad, 3 Plt., A Co., 2/75th Ranger Bn. (circa 1988 or 89). I'm in the center. The Ranger on the far left is Nathan R. Chapman, the first US soldier to die from enemy fire in A-Stan. RIP.
image-450x600.jpg

I don't want to owe you another Guinness! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.