PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
So I placed an order with JR cigars... 2 weeks ago.
Paid for 1lb of Mac Baren VA #1.
Called multiple times, never was able to get through or receive any callback.
How do you phone in an order?
Emailed 3 times about it.. and finally received some automated response that I had ordered an out of stock item.
Never once was I able to actually interact with a human about this.
Yet... when you go on the site it still shows the VA #1 as available.
other items are shown as out of stock.
And when I ordered the bag... the quantity went to "out of stock".. yet a week later it was back in stock, but supposedly out of stock if I try to order it.
I think they simply cancelled my order because I used a discount code and they didn't want to sell the tobacco so cheap.

Anyways they are a total mess and after 2 weeks just refunded my money... and I still can't get through to anyone to figure out if they have it in stock, or have anything in stock at all.

Yet I still receive like 2-3 advertising emails per day from them advertising cigar deals....
which say I did want one.. how the fuck could I order it???

I am not too happy with them either ... but I order cigars occasionally from them. Sometimes the price is very low.

What happened to you, partially happened to me as well. I won a bundle of Oliva Master Blends 3 in the auction at a low price. They cancelled the order citing out of stock, when they were selling it all over the site.

Having said that, I sometimes get very attractive pricing from them, so sometimes I order mid range sticks from them. High end sticks - I prefer buying from Smoking Pipes - pricing is similar with a much better customer experience

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I am not too happy with them either ... but I order cigars occasionally from them. Sometimes the price is very low.

What happened to you, partially happened to me as well. I won a bundle of Oliva Master Blends 3 in the auction at a low price. They cancelled the order citing out of stock, when they were selling it all over the site.

Having said that, I sometimes get very attractive pricing from them, so sometimes I order mid range sticks from them. High end sticks - I prefer buying from Smoking Pipes - pricing is similar with a much better customer experience
I think they are pretty much a sham. I'm surprised you actually received anything from them!

Reactions: rushx9

jeff540

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 25, 2016
Southwest Virginia
I used to stop in their B&M stores when I traveled in North Carolina 10-12 years ago. They were selling Sam Gawith tins for $6 each at the time nana That is just before SG became popular and unobtainable.

• Wow
Reactions: rushx9
Their business model is simple ... keep offering discounts so the customers would come back even if they are not very happy with the service. But they do have to deliver most of the time... otherwise customers would not come back.

They lost me as a customer when I have to buy Padron, Liga Privada, etc... but if I am buying Oliva, Rocky Patel etc.... they are often at a huge discount

I think they are pretty much a sham. I'm surprised you actually received anything from them!

Reactions: danimalia

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Their business model is simple ... keep offering discounts so the customers would come back even if they are not very happy with the service. But they do have to deliver most of the time... otherwise customers would not come back.

They lost me as a customer when I have to buy Padron, Liga Privada, etc... but if I am buying Oliva, Rocky Patel etc.... they are often at a huge discount
Maybe their service is better with cigars.. I can only hope so.

Reactions: cshubhra
Status
Not open for further replies.