Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
For tonight’s Pipes Magazine Radio Show, by special request, we have an extended conversation on tobacco blending with Jon David Cole from The Country Squire in Jackson, MS. The Country Squire is a 50-year old tobacconist focused on pipes and their own exclusive pipe tobacco blends. Jon is also the co-host of Country Squire Radio. We skip Pipe Parts, but still have mailbag, music, and a rant. The show drops at 8pm eastern US time.
Jon-David-Cole.jpg

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I'm looking forward to smoking the Shepherd's Pie which is on the way from Country Squire. I'll have to check out the podcast.

mmmpeace

Lurker
Apr 1, 2017
Lawdawg, you will not be disappointed. I bought a bag after listening to Country Squire Radio. IT IS DELICIOUS. Shepherds Pie was my first journey outside of aromatics and I could not be happier. Let us know what you think! Full disclosure, I did also by some Second breakfast as I can’t quite escape aromatics ;)

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Lawdawg, you will not be disappointed. I bought a bag after listening to Country Squire Radio. IT IS DELICIOUS. Shepherds Pie was my first journey outside of aromatics and I could not be happier. Let us know what you think! Full disclosure, I did also by some Second breakfast as I can’t quite escape aromatics
I got my 4 ounce order of Shepherd's Pie in the mail last week. I've probably smoked five pipefuls so far. Great stuff! It's very close to Frog Morton Cellar, which I really like, with the creamy liquor topping along with moderate latakia. Like the old Froggies were, Shepherd's Pie is an excellent "crossover" English blend, representing a middle ground between an English and an aromatic. I plan to order more soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.