Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our featured interview on The Pipes Magazine Radio Show tonight is with Jon David Cole. Jon is the owner of The Country Squire in Jackson, MS. The Country Squire is a 50-year old tobacconist focused on pipes and their own exclusive pipe tobacco blends. Jon is also the co-host of Country Squire Radio. This show is our sixth in a series of “Seven Questions for Seven Experts”. Over the course of seven weeks, we will ask seven prominent pipe collectors the same seven pipe related questions, and see how their answers compare. At the top of the show, for our pipe parts segment, we’ll have Drinking & Smoking with Kevin Godbee (that's me) – Drink Pairing for an English Blend.
Jon-David-Cole.jpg

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
I love JD's perspective on things. As much as he tries to be PC, his down home attitudes slip thru. Great interview. I look forward to Fred Hanna next week.

Trouttimes

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
He really knows pipe tobacco. Worth a listen.
I ought to listen to the podcast. I'm curious about his background. Was he always involved in tobacco, or did he see a business opportunity in the Country Squire and "learn behind the wheel" so to speak?

isaac

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 18, 2012
Portland, OR
I ought to listen to the podcast. I'm curious about his background. Was he always involved in tobacco, or did he see a business opportunity in the Country Squire and "learn behind the wheel" so to speak?

I know from listening to backlogs he was originally in real estate.

Reactions: greeneyes

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
I know from listening to backlogs he was originally in real estate.
I know that there is an old tobacco recipe book that came with the shop. I wonder if he has taken any of the tobacconist certification courses that are offered, or if he just sort of became a de facto tobacco guru overnight, as it were, by virtue of ownership of the Country Squire.

Status
Not open for further replies.