PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Standard Tobacco never manufactured we just held the trademarks which we initially licensed and then sold to the boys at Pipes and Cigars. I am sure that when they weighed up the cost of the FDA application against the amount that they sold they figured out that it was better to let it go. I guess the analogy would be that it was like digging up a long dead relative from 100+ years ago and somehow reanimating them so you could talk to them again. After a few days you realize that you now know everything you ever wanted to know about 1900s America and perhaps its time to put them back in their casket again! Well I guess that everyone who ever wanted to try John Cottons Smyrna has had the opportunity now and perhaps it's also time to return this blend back to the cemetery. It makes me wonder what will happen to War Horse and Fungal Slices. I rather suspect they will keep going as they have a greater demand.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I have no idea. We moved away from tobacco a year ago and went into the vape space when we changed the name to Standard Vape Corp. Our stock ticker changed to SVAP although we still have a subsidiary called Standard Tobacco Company of PA which holds a few related tobacco type trademarks. Most of the focus these days is on the development and commercialization of the non heated vape device and ancillary medical applications.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I heard that from Russ as well. A lot of people love Fungal Slices and I hope they stick around since Russ did a very professional job recreating that blend. I have always been touched by how the entire pipe community came together to help out by supplying cellar samples to get these brands up and running again. The StoP project was a true pull together by so many people despite all the nay sayers. Here is a video clip of myself, Russ and Dan in Chicago a few years ago. I am the one with the English accent.

Status
Not open for further replies.