PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our featured interview on tonight's Pipes Magazine Radio Show is with John Brandt. John is the owner of the Wilke Pipe Tobacco, which has been in existence since 1872. Wilke has a great history of pipe making and tobacco blending. John is the second owner, since 2017, after the founding family, and he continues to make some of the original tobacco blends from over a century ago. In the "Pipe Parts" segment we will have "Ask the Pipemaker" with pipe artisan Jeff Gracik.

John-Brandt.jpg

Last edited:

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Pardon my ignorance, and I see the Radio Show info under its tab, but is this something we can listen to live and at what time, or is it something we access and listen at a particular time (and I see how to do that, I just thought if it is "live" and possible to listen that way, that would be fun as well). Just curious.

Reactions: kcghost
Pardon my ignorance, and I see the Radio Show info under its tab, but is this something we can listen to live and at what time, or is it something we access and listen at a particular time (and I see how to do that, I just thought if it is "live" and possible to listen that way, that would be fun as well). Just curious.
No, unless they tell us otherwise, it is pre-recorded.

Reactions: HawkeyeLinus

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
You can listen to all of the shows whenever you want. You can listen to them on several platforms: One pipesmagazine, on iTunes, on Stitcher, and on Spotify. Personally I use Stitcher. All 400+ shows are available to you.

Reactions: HawkeyeLinus

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
You can listen to all of the shows whenever you want. You can listen to them on several platforms: One pipesmagazine, on iTunes, on Stitcher, and on Spotify. Personally I use Stitcher. All 400+ shows are available to you.
Thanks and I understand that, was just not sure if there was a live aspect. I’ll listen to this one with great interest (Wilke) and at my leisure this evening!

J-Evverrett

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 17, 2021
Meriden, CT
so when are you going to do a really boring interview? I suggest who ever does the sweeping up at C&D. Wait he's probably interesting and hyper knowledgeable.
I would actually like to hear that, I’d bet he’d have some stories to tell lol. Tobacco folks seem to be an unusual sort, huh?

• Love
Reactions: anotherbob

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Entertaining interview and John sounded just as real and friendly as he does on the phone - apparently @jiminks will have a review or reviews coming out soon of some new Wilke blend (s) so I keep checking every day to see if they turn up - anxious to see what is coming out!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Entertaining interview and John sounded just as real and friendly as he does on the phone - apparently @jiminks will have a review or reviews coming out soon of some new Wilke blend (s) so I keep checking every day to see if they turn up - anxious to see what is coming out!
I posted the Wilke Continental review at TR a couple of days ago. It's a strong English blend.