PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seakayak

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2010
23d3f7d9d966253e7f1801e776b1b997.jpg

This is my second Oom Paul. I love this shape for its generous size and for the way it fits my face. This a truly comfortable design that has become a favorite addition to my rotation.

chervokas

Might Stick Around
Jul 21, 2013
I have the exact same pipe, inherited from my father in law. Very comfortable hanger, and the bowl is huge.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Iwan Ries makes a compact Oom Paul that is a great little smoker and holds more than you'd think, and costs

about $36. For Oom Paul skeptics who might like to try this shape, but aren't quite ready for the full-size item,

this is a good way to try it out. You'll like it.

seakayak

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2010
Thanks for the comments, Gentlemen. It is a fine pipe that will stay lit for well over an hour with very little effort. Perfect for days when I've blocked off a chunk of time to depart this world with a good book.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I don't often like the looks of Oom Paul pipes either, but that is a nice looking pipe. I bought my one and only last year and love how it fits my face.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Have to ask: Does the Jobey Oom Paul have the screw-in stem, or just the push-in? My one Jobey, a straight billiard,

has a screw-in stem; it works well, and the pipe is a good smoker, but I prefer push-in stems when they are well

designed.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Seakayak
I have a polished Dunhill Oom Paul and that pipe I think was my first (or second)estate Dunhill I purhased. It falls between a group 4 and 5, in my estimation.
It hangs perfectly and smokes very well. I can smoke it for an hour without any fatigue whatsoever. A bit of a challange with a pipe cleaner, so often I'll use a falcon cleaner which is quite thin and that one does the trick.
Enjoy that pipe.
@Papipeguy-yours is also gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies.