PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
I was lucky to score a few pipe lots on ebay, listed as "Job lot of vintage pipes- perfect for hipsters"........

Well, how can you NOT click on that??? -with the epic hipster thread running in full force here!

So I clicked it, not expecting much. Well, I raised up in my chair pretty quick when I saw some of the pipes. They were listed as a buy it now. In the past I have hesitated on these, and asked for more info and such, then watch them dis-appear to another buyer, not this time! BUTI ain't no hipster!!........ :lol:
All the pipes need cleaned, but luckily no chewed stems. Here they are, fresh in America, all the way from Torquay, Devon, England.
Here's the first lot:

From the top left down: Parker Super BB, Bewlays, Fribourg & Treyer reject, Charatans make Belvedere, and a Sommer Paris Luxe.

Second column, top down- XXXX(I'm not home, and can't recall the markings on this one),Chacom Grand Prix, LMB Brevette, Wolf Pipe London HHW, Dunhill 21 patent, Barling Niblick, and a Barbic london made:

WfCVyxw.jpg

Next lot: Barlings Make EL, Loewe, Charatans Make Deluxe, F & T reject, Brumfit Extra, and last a "Cliper"

4ik6A3N.jpg

These are still in transit, but what caught my eye was the Barling's Guinea Grain........... :D

7sen47U.jpg

Here's the ebay listings:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/JOB-LOT-OF-12-VINTAGE-BRIAR-ESTATE-PIPES-GOOD-FOR-HIPSTERS-/331824224592?hash=item4d4243d950%3Ag%3AxRoAAOSwbwlXBSBu&nma=true&si=xIsUHo6MeM8ug05hc2l6jG%252BjqFE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
http://www.ebay.com/itm/JOB-LOT-OF-6-VINTAGE-BRIAR-ESTATE-PIPES-GOOD-FOR-HIPSTERS-/311585155643?hash=item488bec2a3b%3Ag%3Abe4AAOSwJQdXBSQo&nma=true&si=r%252FM%252FLyYxQL%252FW0Sh51QoEDPlSU%252Bw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
http://www.ebay.com/itm/JOB-LOT-OF-6-VINTAGE-BRIAR-ESTATE-PIPES-OTHERS-GOOD-FOR-HIPSTERS-/331830770031?hash=item4d42a7b96f:g:jLoAAOSw1DtXDoz1
All in all, I'm pleased to say the least. Less than $14/pipe all told..........
Sometimes even a blind nut finds a squirrel......... :mrgreen:

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
Holy hell beef - way to go man. From the initial looksie you have done very well. I am happy for you.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Well you have plenty of work ahead meanwhile you can practice your giddy as a schoolgirl with a new puppy routine, congratulations!

banjo

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Are these for your smoking pleasure or for resto and resale? Nice lots.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I was lucky to score a few pipe lots on ebay, listed as "Job lot of vintage pipes- perfect for hipsters"........
Very nice haul Beef...congratulations! The only downside is this means you have now officially acquired hipster status.

May 31, 2012
YOWZA!!!!

WOWZA!!!!!

YOWZA!!!!

WOWZA!!!!!
TREMENDOUS STUFF THAT MAKES ME WANNA GO ALL CAPS FULLBLOWN OVERLOAD EXCITEMENT...
...but I won't,

and simply say,

w/o saying:
:puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy:

. :puffy: . :puffy: . :puffy: . :puffy: . :puffy: . :puffy: . :puffy: . :puffy: . :puffy: . :puffy: . :puffy: . :puffy:

:puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy:

. :puffy: . :puffy: . :puffy: . :puffy: . :puffy: . :puffy: . :puffy: . :puffy: . :puffy: . :puffy: . :puffy: . :puffy:

:puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: HAPPY DAYS!!!!!!! :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy:

. :puffy: . :puffy: . :puffy: . :puffy: . :puffy: . :puffy: . :puffy: . :puffy: . :puffy: . :puffy: . :puffy: . :puffy:​

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Thanks for all the kind words fellas!....

I'm looking forward to cleaning these up soon, though my "free time" has been limited lately. Seems the Britwood bug has bitten me!

Are these for your smoking pleasure or for resto and resale?
Mso- probably both. I'll sell a few and keep a few. I've already gifted a couple too...........
The only downside is this means you have now officially acquired hipster status.
Funny, I only thought of hipsters as being an American phenomenon....... apparently they have invaded England as well!
Aren't ALL nuts blind?
Mayfair, why no, no they're not...... you can see? Right??....... :rofl:
meanwhile you can practice your giddy as a schoolgirl with a new puppy routine
Fish- were you peeking in my window when I opened the box??.......... :D

May 31, 2012
Funny, I only thought of hipsters as being an American phenomenon....... apparently they have invaded England as well!
Indeed so!

:D
"I only put 'hate' in the title of the blog," explains annoyed neighbour and anonymous author of Hackney Hipster Hate photo-blog, "because, on the night I wrote it, I was watching floods of hipsters arrive in the early hours at a terrace house and having an Ibiza-style party. It drove me insane."
The partying, which lasted until 4am on Saturday morning was, in the blogger's opinion, symptomatic "of new arrivals not really getting the measure of where they were living, having no idea about the community there and deciding to have a festival in a back garden at dawn, while people were trying to sleep, because Hackney's supposedly the centre of cool for the next five minutes."
http://hackneyhipsterhate.tumblr.com/
handbag.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.