Jim's Watch City Old North Church and Queequeg's Reviews.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

36 Fresh Tsuge Pipes
36 Fresh Nørding Pipes
108 Fresh Brulor Pipes
23 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes
12 Fresh Mark Tinsky Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
They go on sale in regular production at 3 EST today.

Watch City Old North Church:
The various grades of crumb cut burleys provide plenty of earth, wood, nuts, mild sugar, and a slight sharp and spicy savoriness. A few pinches of Cyprian Latakia offers exceptionally mild smoky mustiness, woody, earthy, floral, herbal, vegetative, sweet and slightly spicy qualities. Its effect continually underscores the experience far in the background. The rich plum casing is a little more obvious than the molasses. Very light anise is present, too. The casings mildly tone down the burleys as they help form a very synergistically consistent nutty, rather sweet, lightly smoky flavor with a little depth. The strength and nic-hit fall a step short of the center of mild to medium. The taste just edges past that center. There’s no chance of bite or harshness. It does sport a few very light rough edges. Burns cool, clean, and a tad slow with a short lived, very pleasant after taste. The room note is a touch stronger. Leaves little dampness in the bowl, and requires a couple more than an average number relights. A comfortable all day smoke in the tradition of old school blends. Three and a half stars.

Watch City Queequeg’s Moby Dick Series:
The five rough cut burleys provide a wealth of earth, wood, nuts, mild sugar, light spice, cocoa, dry savory sharpness, and a very small touch of molasses. The”essence” of the musty, earthy, woody, floral, herbal, vegetative, sweet Cyprian Latakia infusion marginally accents the very consistent nutty, mildly sweet, lightly smoky, piquant flavor. The strength and nic-hit are a step past the center of mild to medium. The taste is a slot more potent. It won’t bite or get harsh though it does have few small rugged edges. Burns cool and clean at moderate pace with a pleasantly lightly lingering after taste, and room note. Barely leaves any dampness in the bowl, and requires few relights. A fairly easy going all day smoke with a little character. Three stars.

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
I picked up all of the new offerings from Ernie. I can't wait to try Elf Dandruff. Rose geranium in a BurPer, should be interesting.
I decided to have a pipe of Elf Dandruff while working in the basement today. It was very flavorful and enjoyable, so much so that I ended up having three back to back to back bowls of it which never happens for me! It's a very unique satisfying blend.

If you like Original Crumb Cut than this would be right up your alley. I find it to be a more complex if not more refined take on OCC.
I "see" you smoking it often on the "What are You Smoking" thread. Thanks for chiming in. I' always looking for milder Burley blends to change up with Crooner and Pegasus. Maybe this will do it for me.