Jim's Watch City English Ernie-ental Review.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Accessories
3 Fresh Ping Zhan Pipes
12 Fresh Dunhill Pipes
24 Fresh Barling Pipes
4 Fresh Todd Johnson Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Ernie's going to release this blend January 20th.

The very floral, fragrant, zesty Macedonian Prilep provides a lot of earth, wood, herbs, vegetation, tingly spices, mild sweetness, a fair amount of dry sourness, and light “unflavored soda” note, bitterness and smoke as the lead component. The “house tempered” incense-like Cyprian Latakia offers smoke, wood, earth, leather, a fair amount of floralness and spice, along with mild musty sweetness as a strong supporting player. The aspects of the Simply Red Virginia are a lot of fermented, tangy ripe dark fruit, earth, wood, some semi-tart citrus, mild grassiness, light sugar and stewed fruit, and a tinge of floral along with small spice, bread and acidic sour vinegar notes. The sugary stewed dark fruit of the stoved Virginia is its most noticeable characteristic as the earth, wood, and slight spice intertwine with the similar properties of the other varietals. The overall Virginia sweetness places these tobaccos in the third position with the stoved being slightly more perceptible. The strength and nic-hit are a couple of steps past the medium mark. The taste level is in the center of medium to full. Won’t bite or get harsh, but it does sport a few rough edges. Well balanced and nuanced, it burns cool and clean at a moderate rate with a mostly consistent, potently sweet and sour, savory, floral, spicy, fragrant, smoky campfire rich flavor that extends to the pleasantly lasting after taste. The room note is a tad stronger. Barely leaves any dampness in the bowl, and requires an average number of relights. Not an all day smoke. Four stars out of four.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
The date has changed for blend release. Ernie wrote this elsewhere:
Sorry, Folks. I’m still not comfortable sending out a Micro Batch release when orders are still taking up to 2 weeks to arrive. By Mid-Week i will make a call as to when I will release it depending on the USPS situation.

fightnhampster

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 14, 2019
Indiana
Recieved my order today and had a bowl this afternoon. Quite impressed. I definitely pick up on a floral/ incense flavor. Im guessing that's the Orientals? Just the right amount of sweetness, tad bit of sour.

I am just getting back into some blends with a very mild Latakia presence. I have been burnt out on the stuff for several years and haven't touched it again until last month.

Whatever Ernie does with the Latakia works for me. Mild and in the background.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Recieved my order today and had a bowl this afternoon. Quite impressed. I definitely pick up on a floral/ incense flavor. Im guessing that's the Orientals? Just the right amount of sweetness, tad bit of sour.

I am just getting back into some blends with a very mild Latakia presence. I have been burnt out on the stuff for several years and haven't touched it again until last month.

Whatever Ernie does with the Latakia works for me. Mild and in the background.
Can't wait to get mine on Monday. I enjoy everything I've gotten from WCC and have pounds of Ernie's blends jarred in the cellar. I was going to get some GH with this last order but decided to get Fat Bastard since it's one of the few I haven't tried, plus I want to support our small businesses in these hard times.

Reactions: JOHN72

fightnhampster

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 14, 2019
Indiana
Can't wait to get mine on Monday. I enjoy everything I've gotten from WCC and have pounds of Ernie's blends jarred in the cellar. I was going to get some GH with this last order but decided to get Fat Bastard since it's one of the few I haven't tried, plus I want to support our small businesses in these hard times.

Fat Bastard is pretty good. I ordered 2 oz to try back in December with Double Barrel. I let it sit for a bit. I tried it for the first time this week.

The Latakia in FB is a background player like in Ernie-ental. Ernie-ental is the better of the two in my opinion, but that's only after one bowl of each.

Another mild Lat blend that's also new that I stocked up on is Goblin Mixture from KBV. Last I checked it is still available.

Reactions: FurCoat
Status
Not open for further replies.