PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Thanks for the review - looking forward to trying this very soon - got a tin waiting for me.
I don't care much for Perique (OGS is another flake VA that I enjoy). I've read Dunhill flake is also a good choice. Are they any other similar straight VA flakes that I should be trying?

SG BBF is stellar, although you might find you need to dry it. Dunhill Flake is superb.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Glousterman: I'd say Pure Virginia is a little tangier, mostly because of the higher red Virginia content.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Jmimks this has been a great thread. Being new to VA and VaPer, the last couple of years, your reviews have really helped and the additional remarks have been very helpful.
In my mind, after traveling through 4 stomachs grass and hay do not really have anymore or less in common to the cow patty than does the milk. Nothing like a ice cold glass of milk, cept maybe some good great VA. :D

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
Sounds great guys, I will buy a few tins. I think I will smoking this flake tomorrow night at our local pipe meeting. I did get a chance too smell a fresh tin this past Saturday at a gathering at the RCPC meeting, I loved the tin note.

Status
Not open for further replies.