JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Because I know being here bugs the hell out of you!!!! :nana: :rofl:

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
Happy Anniversary Jim! You are truly one of the stalwarts of this Forum and our community. Thank you for all the enlightening, entertaining and gentlemanly posts you have shared with us.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Jim, my dear friend, congratulations on 45 years. The only thing that surprises me about your story is that you didn't smoke the mouse.
In honor of your anniversary, this clip seems most appropriate:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk2b6iCC0rg

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Congratulations on the anniversary Jim. That was a one hell of a story. And thank you very much for your contributions, sir.

5star

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2017
PacNW USA
Happy Anniversary !
When contemplating acquiring a blend that’s new to me, your reviews are among the first resources that I check out. Thank you for those, and may you enjoy many more years smoking your pipes.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
the mouse died.
Well, that's different, as they say in Minnesota. Me, I honestly csan't remember the day I started, but it was in spring of '69. Yeah, there's a song title there or something, but I'm too busy to sing it right now. Happy 45h, bubba!
Bill

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Happy anniversary and thanks for sharing Jim.
By the way I also start smoking a pipe during the summer of 1974, but I don’t remember the time or date, but it was during the summer. My blends of choice back then were Borkum Riff Bourbon Whiskey, Sir Walter Raleigh, and occasionally Flying Dutchman. Unlike you I did take about 12 years off from smoking during the 80’s and early 90’s.
Cheers

chilipalmer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2017
Wow! Forty-five years of anything is quite an achievement. A tip-o-the-hat to you, Jim. Best wishes on many, many more years of happy piping!
Cheers,
Chili

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Actually, a JimInks tribute blend is a pretty good idea. The tin description could be written in the style of a JimInks review.
If this happens my vote for the name is "An all day smoke"

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Thanks for all kind words, fellas. I greatly appreciate it.
A friend of mine who has been pipe smoking since 1957 called me a "rookie". I told him Moses was a rookie compared to him! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.