PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Does anyone know how Jim Lilley is doing? I used to follow his Peterson Blog and this past fall he found he was unable to keep doing it due to Alziemers. I wondered if anyone knew Jim or his family and could give us an update. He is a fine gentleman and did a lot of work for the pipe world.
Thanks,
Piper

cleidophoros

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 12, 2012
He started posting again lately.

http://btheinternationalpetersonpipeclub.runboard.com/t1370

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Fine gentleman indeed! Jim's Pete collection is mind boggling. Got me interested in Peterson Pipes and history.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Thanks Guys, Great to see Jim is still lingering on the forums its nice to hear his collection will be displayed for all to see. If you are lurking here Jim all the best my friend hope by some miracle things turn around for you.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I was pleased to read that Jim Lilley's world renowned Sandpiper Collection of Petersons probably will not be auctioned off as originally expected.
Apparently, Tom Palmer of Peterson has "enthusiastically accepted" the Lilley family's suggestion that it would seem much more appropriate for the collection to be housed "in perpetuity" at Peterson's shop/museum on Nassau Street in Dublin.
Great to know. Sorry to hear of his troubles with alzheimer's. My brother-in-law is dealing with that now and it's tough on everyone.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
I don't believe I know the Gentleman, but I am sad to hear he is not well. I would dearly love to see a site of his collection. Is there one that someone could provide a link to?

Status
Not open for further replies.