Not open for further replies.

jfox520

Part of the Furniture Now
May 24, 2013
Strength: Medium

Flavor: None

Taste: Medium - Full

Room Note: Tolerable
The tin note was earthy and smokey from the Latakia. On the charring light the smokiness of the Latakia was the predominate flavor. On the true light the Latakia was joined by the spicy floral notes of the Orientals. A little further into the bowl the sweetness of the Virginias came into the flavor profile. On the back half of the bowl a tanginess started to become apparent. John Cotton’s No. 1 & 2 burned cool and well with no relights needed. This is a Latakia forward blend, but the Latakia is not overpowering. I would highly recommend this blend to the Latakia lovers out there.

jfox520

May 24, 2013
@Clickklick I got more cedar from the John Cotton's No 1 Mild then I did from this blend. A cedar flavor did float in and out but it was not consistent and it is was faint.

robwoodall

Can't Leave
Apr 29, 2015
Why is it called "John Cotton's No. 1 & 2 Medium?"
Why is it not called either 1 OR 2? I must be missing something, or maybe I'm just stupid, but it seems wrong to name a blend after two numbers. I mean, No. 1 is mild so No. 2 should be medium and then a theoretical, future "bold" would be named No. 3. That makes sense. "John Cotton's No. 1 & 2 Medium" does not seem to make sense.
I'm still gonna try it when it comes out, but the name is just weird...

jfox520

May 24, 2013
These are the original names from John Cotton. I did a Google search and found images of the old tins.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
My understanding is that the name comes from combining their No. 1 and No. 2 to make a new blend that was medium-bodied. I can't find much of anything about No. 2 by itself.
Russ

robwoodall

Can't Leave
Apr 29, 2015
Thank you, Russ!
That does make a bit of sense.
Having access to essentially every tobacco in the world, which blend do you feel like you smoke most often?
Just curious.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
By the nature of my job, I'm all over the map. Most of them are current production (for quality control) and experimental blends, but I also smoke a variety of blends from other companies so I can write copy for the website. So many blends, so little time...
Russ

jfox520

May 24, 2013
@Russ If you ever need any help feel free to contact me. I am always willing to help a brother out. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.