PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our featured interview on tonight's Pipes Magazine Radio Show is with Jeremy Reeves. Jeremy is the Head Blender at Cornell & Diehl, which is one of the most popular boutique pipe tobacco companies in the USA. Jeremy has been a pipe smoker for over a decade and is passionate about pipes, pipe tobacco, and blending tobacco. Tonight’s discussion will focus on tobacco grading, and believe it or not, there are some funny things involved with this. Did you hear the one about the farmer’s daughter? In our opening Pipe Parts segment, Brian will discuss one of his favorite drink pairings with a pipe – coffee. He has four cups a day. Whoa.

The show airs every Tuesday at 8:00pm eastern US time, and can be found at PipesMagazine.com and all podcast apps.

Jeremy-Reeves.jpg

Last edited:

cornedbeef

Lurker
Jul 3, 2010
Our featured interview on tonight's Pipes Magazine Radio Show is with Jeremy Reeves. Jeremy is the Head Blender at Cornell & Diehl, which is one of the most popular boutique pipe tobacco companies in the USA. Jeremy has been a pipe smoker for over a decade and is passionate about pipes, pipe tobacco, and blending tobacco. Tonight’s discussion will focus on tobacco grading, and believe it or not, there are some funny things involved with this. Did you hear the one about the farmer’s daughter? In our opening Pipe Parts segment, Brian will discuss one of his favorite drink pairings with a pipe – coffee. He has four cups a day. Whoa.

The show airs every Tuesday at 8:00pm eastern US time, and can be found at PipesMagazine.com and all podcast apps.

Jeremy-Reeves.jpg
Great photo!

Reactions: The Clay King

Mrs. Pickles

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 8, 2022
AZ, USA
Loved hearing Jeremy go inside baseball with USDA tobacco leaf grading. This is something I've been curious about for a while and was delighted to see it the focus of the discussion.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

jmsmitty6

Can't Leave
Jan 12, 2018
Cincinnati, Ohio
Thank you Brian for sharing my question and Jeremy for such an interesting, and historical, answer. I have always found it fascinating in discussions with pipe smokers about good leaf and bad leaf and what goes into a blend, but it was great to get some background knowledge as to how all of it goes from seedling to the tins I open and enjoy.

Thank you again and I'll be seeing everyone at the NASPC show on Friday.

Jason

May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
Hey Brian,
Apologies, this is going to be a double-header here. I missed the podcast with Dr. Fred and was therefore late in responding with my reply to the show.
Episode 514. Great to hear that the JDRF auction got off to a flying-start, congratulations.
It was nice to listen to Fred reminisce about his pipe smoking experiences and to talk about his many friends he's met through our small but diverse community, with such fond memories.
I enjoyed the music, even more so when it eventually got going, thank you.
Your rant was spot on! I don't think I need to add or elaborate any more.

Episode 515. I hear you when you say it's been hot. Hot and moist, damn the humidity has been a killer.
The information that Jeremy divulged was great, I found the part of how the tobacco leaves are graded and how the grading came to be very interesting.
How about getting Bobby Wellands, tobacco grader, has as mentioned by Jeremy. I want to hear more about the farmer's daughter!
The music choice was spot on, quite beautiful.
Again, good rant.

Hope it's OK i put the two together, if not, edit to your choice.
Thanks guys,
Cliff-Honkytonk Man.