Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Ebarber

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2020
Newark, Ohio
I'm still jarring up my bulks I bought during the Christmas sales.
Tonight I jarred up some Mac Baren HH Burley Flake.
I'm always in awe of the beauty of the flakes in a box and then the jar.
A labor of love for sure.
I can't wait to see how this stuff tastes 5-10-15 years from now.
Has anyone had this stuff aged before?
I'm not sure when it came out.
20211231_005707.jpg20211231_005646.jpg20211231_005622.jpg

Ebarber

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2020
Newark, Ohio
It came out June 2018 and I picked up five of the one pound boxes altogether. Being heavily burley, I haven't noticed much change in that time.
That's what I figured too but I've heard there is a lot of Virginia in it also so I hope it does get a little sweeter with time. I've never thought of myself as being a huge burley fan but I really do like this stuff. I got a pound with my last order of bulks and liked it so much I ordered another 5 ?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
That's what I figured too but I've heard there is a lot of Virginia in it also so I hope it does get a little sweeter with time. I've never thought of myself as being a huge burley fan but I really do like this stuff. I got a pound with my last order of bulks and liked it so much I ordered another 5 ?
I started with two one pound boxes the day it came out and after smoking it the first time I ordered three more. Three and a half years in jars hasn't really changed it much but I'm not complaining.?

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
This is one of my all time favorites. I find that age doesn't change a whole lot but moisture level is very important. I usually like tobacco very dry but I keep these flakes a little more pliable for smoking. I find the wood and spice flavors come out a bit more. I have also dedicated a Savinelli Punto Oro 615 to this blend.

Ebarber

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2020
Newark, Ohio
This is one of my all time favorites. I find that age doesn't change a whole lot but moisture level is very important. I usually like tobacco very dry but I keep these flakes a little more pliable for smoking. I find the wood and spice flavors come out a bit more. I have also dedicated a Savinelli Punto Oro 615 to this blend.
Nice! I'll give the moisture trick a try also. I have noticed that the flakes are pretty dry straight from the box.