PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alan73

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
I spent many hours trying to figure out what to do with my growing jarred tobacco collection. An unfinished basement wall in my man cave provided a great solution for storage. Nail gun and some cheap pine boards was all I needed.
img_0823-600x450.jpg

Hope that link worked, just learning how to use the site.

seitz55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2013
Thank you for sharing, that is absolutely amazing. I now have a new goal. :puffpipe:

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
That is very well put together! Looks terrific too.
It looks much nicer than this:
20161027_0428511-337x600.jpg

That is some man cave, too! Congrats!

alan73

Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
Thanks everybody. Not in an earthquake zone thankfully, but I'm thinking I'll have a nightmare soon of the visual imagery you provoked. I had piles of little boxes of jars not organized by tobacco type or alphabetically, a mess. Could never find what I had or wanted New member question ... how do I get the permanent message or quote below the posting? I entered one , but doesn't appear and can't figure out where to find where I originally typed it. Thx

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
That's really cool. I'm guessing you don't live in an earthquake zone. :puffy:
My initial thought, too....
how do I get the permanent message or quote below the posting? I entered one , but doesn't appear and can't figure out where to find where I originally typed it. Thx.
If I understand your question, you can put the quote anywhere you like, by copying and pasting, selecting and hit the "quote" button above the compose box...

curl

Apr 29, 2014
I see a couple of empty shelves there, Alan.

What gives?

alan73

Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
Curl: gotta leave some room for yet to be tried tobaccos . I got a backlog of untried tins ready to fill the gaps. I gotta quit reading tobacco reviews and cellaring habits of members on this website. Done buying tobacco for a very long time if not ever (probably an untrue statement) . Only 3 tobaccos have evaded my pursuit . If my tastes don't change va, va/per I'm good for a long time .
The woman blocking the view of the wall is my picture hanging wife, who thinks I'm crazy

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
If you don't tell me the whole thing doesn't spin around and disappear into the wall to be totally hidden, I will be very disappointed! :mrgreen:

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
Outstanding cellar. Excellent concept & execution, which I would love to emulate, but must leave my jars in their original boxes for mobility (I live in a red-flag zone, & given enough warning, will evacuate my dogs, firearms & ammo, pipes & baccy, whisky, & then the wife - in that order).
BTW - curious as to the jar count (pints, quarts, & half-gallons).

Status
Not open for further replies.