PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Thank goodness my wife can't seem to pass up the loose-leaf tea vendors at the conventions we go to - anytime she questions my TAD, I can simply point to the Shelf of Tea in our pantry... :D
Anyway, I'd been wanting to pick up some of the H&H Sugar Barrel Match blend, and then I got the e-mail about Russ' 2014 Holiday Blend, which sounded delicious. I ordered 8 oz. of each, which is a new record for me on a one-time purchase - first time I've gone for a whole pound.
Then, the day the box arrived, so did the current catalog, which listed the Tsuge blends being offered. I've been drooling over the tin art for a while, and even my wife is intrigued - so I've now placed yet another order for a tin of each of the Season series aromatics, along with a tin of Black House and a tin of White Knight to bump the order up to the "free calendar" level... Once the "Gods" series is in stock, I've already got my next order planned out.
All this tobacco, and so little time to smoke it! :puffy:

Oct 12, 2014
"bump the order up to the "free calendar" level."
This just happened to me as well. I went on there to pick up around 20 bucks worth of stuff..saw the calendar thing..and somehow justified to myself going up over the 50 mark. It happens!

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
My wife threw out this year's new calendar by accident.
Well ... what better reason to make sure a new one is in the next box?
Viprati, Spectre, Briar Fox, Nightcap and MUWAT Dark Fired cigars all enroute ... just for the calendar. :wink:
We understand each other here like no one else could! :mrgreen:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Oh boy, you have to play around with pairing some of those teas with various tobacco blends. What an

opportunity. I finally tracked down Tabac Manil Semois as a birthday gift for a pipe smoking friend, only

after I'd sent him C&D Burley Flake #1 and Billy Budd in a tin. I located the Semois at 4noggins, if anyone is looking

for it. For myself, I have a tin of McClellands Dark Star and C&D Burley Flake #1 on the way. So that's my

January TAD. Happy non-birthday to me! Also a sample of Tom Eltang English,

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
And now my tin order has arrived - turns out I ordered Viprati rather than Black House (misremembered). They've all been date tagged and shelved, to await eventual consumption once I've worked my way through the Bjarne Viking series... :D

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I just ordered 6 tins of the Loire Valley blend, 2 tins of each of the Tsuge tins, and a couple of the McClelland Master Penman. Heavy sigh..

There was a time when it seemed that this forum was "free", but the actual financial impact is profoundly not free.

Status
Not open for further replies.