PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hessenland

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2011
Moscow, ID
Does anybody have any experience with the blending house of James Fox? They always made a good impression on me, yet I have never tried any of the offering's

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I have a tin of Dorisco waiting to be tried. It was one of the first tobaccos that I was really drawn to by reviews and descriptions alone. Virginia, Perique and Latakia. I'll let you know if I give it a try anytime soon.

(I know it's a small gripe, but the aesthetics of my tin are horrible - cheap generic looking label with "Fine Tobacco Mixture" sticker superimposed over the British "Smoking Kills" warning - not the attractive label I expected from the picture)
I've heard good things about the old Campanile recipe, but I've read that its a different animal now. Supposedly the orientals have taken a turn for the worse. I don't know much about the rest of their product line.

zunismoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2010
NC
I love Dorisco! It would be my one tobak for a desert island. I have also tried Bankers and a couple of the other Fox blends. I only have the older tins, with the exception of some fairly new Dorisco that I have put down to age. What I hear is that Fox gave their whole line over to Kolhase and Kopp in Germany to blend for them 4 or 5 years back. I have heard that some of the blends are not as good as they used to be. I am hoping that it is just guys getting unaged tobak instead of giving them time to reach their full potential. I will know when I open the newer Dorisco in another 4 years or so.

julesholling

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2011
Sutton, Surrey
Was looking at payain a visit to the James Fox shop when the time allows. It's onjly about 30mins away from me by train so think a day out to London is on the cards.

Might have to get a few different tins to try :D

julesholling

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2011
Sutton, Surrey
Was looking at paying a visit to the James Fox shop when the time allows. It's only about 30mins away from me by train so think a day out to London is on the cards.

Might have to get a few different tins to try :D

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
hobie, 4noggins also carries Dorisco and there is some in stock according to the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.