PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our featured guest on The Pipes Magazine Radio Show tonight is Jacob Michelson. Some of our listeners, pipe show attendees, and collectors will know Jacob's late father Mitch Michelson. Mitch had an untimely passing on August 28, 2019. He was an avid pipe collector, and used to join Jacob in model building, woodworking, model rockets, and radio controlled cars—and the pipe was always there across all of these endeavors, but ironically, they never talked much about Jacob actually smoking a pipe or collecting. One day, Jacob decided to try a pipe on his own. Then, he really got into pipes after he inherited his father's collection. He has some great stories of his pipe journey. In Pipe Parts, Brian will have a tobacco review of King's Red Virginia from King's Smoking Pipes & Cigars. It's a McClelland match for 5100 Red Virginia. We'll find out how close they come to it.

The show airs every Tuesday at 8:00pm eastern US time, and can be found at PipesMagazine.com and all podcast apps.

Jacob-Michelson.jpg

J-Evverrett

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 17, 2021
Meriden, CT
This was a great interview! I think it’s really special how Jacob got to begin his pipe journey with his dad’s collection. It was really touching how he had something he shared with his dad like that. I have 3 sons myself, and have some nice things that I have set aside for them in the future. Thank you to Jacob for sharing your story.

Reactions: TexJake