PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
SP sent out an extra newsletter today announcing the arrival of Gary Pease's JackKnife Plug. The bad news is that it's sold out already, I should have left work early, it sounds like a real winner!

collindow

Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
No! I was so looking forward to getting that!

Guess I'll have to be starting at the page, constantly refreshing, for the next few days.

jship079

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2010
picked up 2 tins. Going with Mr. Pease's advice in his article and cellaring at least one tin a make a purchase of.

Not that its not good advice but doesn't that sound like something a person who sells tobacco for a living would say

yoru

Jan 5, 2011
I don't sell tobacco -- but I definitely second that. Any tobacco you buy, keep at least some of it for later. . .much later. . . . Though I only buy bulk bags and just keep it in mason jars instead of tins heh heh.
Edit:
Maybe not aromatics. . .most lose their flavour.

collindow

Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
English teachers are wrong! Dangling participles are perfectly acceptable, and often the only good way to phrase things in English! Remember, English is more of a Germanic language than a Latin language!
!
!!

mattia76

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
I'm working on a trade for two tins right now. Can't wait to try this stuff!

kcvet67

Jul 6, 2010
SP just got in a new shipment of JackKnife today. I got several tins, I imagine it'll go quickly again.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
I'm going to have to try some of this plug,

just to see what all the fuss is about.

hessenland

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2011
Moscow, ID
I am gathering the feeling that this plug is simply so desirable due to the novelty of it being a new plug on the market.
Does anybody else share this feeling?

deacon

Lurker
Feb 2, 2011
Wow. I was just looking on line for a tin of Jack Knife this afternoon and it is sold out. I have read one review, and of course, it was a rave review. I can see this stuff is going to be a challenge to get. So far, my favorite G.L. Pease is Embarcadero (siq)

kcvet67

Jul 6, 2010
SP still has it:
http://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/g-l-pease/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=74582

bloodhound

Lurker
Sep 17, 2009
I got two tins, ordered from my local B&M. One went into the celler...I've had 2 bowls of the other tin...it is very good...smooth with lots of flavor. I have reade 3 reviews and they are spot on with my first thoughts. I am looking forward to getting comfortable with the plug (first plug I have ever tried). Its worth the effort to get a tin or two of this

Status
Not open for further replies.