Not open for further replies.

shotokun16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 15, 2010
Date of Purchase: March 3 and March 18 of 2011

Storage: Mason Jars

Berry Cobbler: 3/21

Complementing Drink: None

Me: Hey dude try this (tossing a plastic bag of berry cobbler to my friend)

Friend: (Sniffing and his eyes slowly closing and mesmerizing the smell) Lets go to the garage!
As we both opened the plastic bag we smell notes of vanilla, blueberry, berry-berry pie, and it does smell like a fresh baked pie with cobbler apple spice notes and with a blue berry and sweet cinnamon kick. The aromas coming out of this cheap ziplock bag which was transfered from my mason jar was amazing! Anyways, we both did the 1-2-3 pack method (easiest and most convenient). My friend was smoking from his basket briar pipe and i was smoking from a Savinelli Carmelita 920KS Smooth (Ghosts: Boswell Raspberry) pipe; this was my second time smoking from this pipe*
The tobacco is ribbon like, and a little moist but not too moist. Lit it with matches and a lighter and immediately smelled aromas of berry, blue berry, vanilla, cherry, blackberry, sweet taste of creamy candy (tastes like the hershy's mix swirl hard candy raspberry). Unbelievable taste and my friend said this is his best aromatic tobacco hes ever smoked! We smoked it to the bottom and i got a little bite but my friend didnt. The bite didnt phase me, because my overall experience with this tobacco was an exciting trip of blueberries, boision berry, blackberry, apple cinnamon, and vanilla spice treat.
Recomendation: Yes

Grade: 5/5

101_0376.jpg

Christmas Cookie 3/10

Complementing Drink: White Loose Leaf Tea

I was smoking Christmas cookie at a cafe around 4-5:30pm and while opening the ziplock bag which was transfered from a mason jar I smelled something very unique. A note of a pre-toasted pastry dough (YES-it smelled like the beginning stages of baking). I wouldnt say cookie dough yet but more of a sweet toasty brown-sugared pastry.
The tobacco moisture was just right and i applied the 1-2-3 packing method and smoked from my Savinellia Roma 616 Rusicated pipe (Ghosts: W.O. Larsen Signature, Vanilla, Blue Note, Da Vinci and Devils Holiday).**

mybriar.jpg

I was lighting the tobacco with a lighter and while lighting i was struck with a a bomb of sweet cookie dough with brown sugar. Smells and tastes like a snookerdoodle and toasted brown sugar. The taste was surreal and completely different from any other aro i've ever tried. The smoke was smooth and no bite and smells like an oven baking cookies. A very satisfying experience and an individual in the background who i overhead was very curious of the smell. The individual said: "wow what is that smell hmmm?". I thought the gentleman would leave instead he just stayed there smoked a cigarette hoping it will smell like Christmas cookie. Anyways JM Boswells' Christmas and Berry Cobler is a classic aromatic hit! I would say that Berry cobbler and Christmas Cookie are my top five aromatics.
Indeed, a wonderful experience. I would say the Christmas Cookie is one of a kind experience, and if you like being nostalgic and recall the times as a little kid smelling fresh baked cookies i would get the Christmas cookie. Remember, to smoke these slow and store them in mason jars. Happy puffing briar bros!
Recommendation: Yes

Grade: 4.8/5

Baccy.jpg

-Erwin

flat4driven

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2009
Two of my favorite tobacco's ever. I plan on purchasing a good quantity of each soon just incase the tobacco nazi's take over. I want to be able to smoke both of these the rest of my life.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
If I have any TAD money left after the Chicago Pipe Show, I will certainly try several Boswell blends.
Winton

flat4driven

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2009
I wonder how safe a sealed mason jar of Boswell would be about 20 years from now...

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
While not a big aromatic guy, I have had good experience with Boswell on several other blends. In my younger days of long ago, and pipe smokers were rockstar status in my local pubs, I did smoke some different aromatics to pleasure the ladies. I chose blends that were popular for room note, not neccesarily for taste. Now that I'm an old fart I smoke for my own pleasure, although most still find the aromas at least tolerable, expect for a few stronger english blends. All that being said, I have been tempted to try those two blends. After reading the reviews, in my Boswell order next month, I may order a few ounces of each to try, along with my usual Northwoods order.

nativeson

Might Stick Around
Sep 24, 2010
Hi to flat4driven! Bob and wolfscout turned me on to the information that aeros cellar VERY WELL -- which was really news to me. I plan to cellar these two boswell blends, budget and wife permitting, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.