PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Love Wilkes Blood Red Virginia, haven’t tried the English yet. Enjoy!
After I give them both a go, I'll post a thread as to why I picked those for the pipe. The Lizzie Borden reference may seem why i picked it, but there's another reason and a look into how I dedicate pipes.?

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
Okay, but you've got to promise to unfollow me.?

Okay, but you've got to promise to unfollow me.?

I dont have Instagram or facebook. Do you have an email or phone number? As far as following you i did that when i first singed up and you helped me out. I had forgotten all about it. So if you have an email address you got a deal lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Chasing Embers

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
After I give them both a go, I'll post a thread as to why I picked those for the pipe. The Lizzie Borden reference may seem why i picked it, but there's another reason and a look into how I dedicate pipes.?
Looking forward to it. I’ve just begun the process of dedicating certain pipes to certain blends, but it’s very instinctual and has a lot to do with the mechanics of the pipe and the cut of the blend...and not much else.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I dont have Instagram or facebook. Do you have an email or phone number? As far as following you i did that when i first singed up and you helped me out. I had forgotten all about it. So if you have an email address you got a deal lol.
I mainly get in touch with him over on the briar patch forum. Goes by "Cramptholomew" over there.

Misanthrope

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2020
Texas
I’m not one for freehand pipes, but that one is a stunner. Juma’s a nice material, I’ve had other things made out of it and can easily see it being a decent stem/mouthpiece material.

Tommy Boy

Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
I mainly get in touch with him over on the briar patch forum. Goes by "Cramptholomew" over there.
Ok thanks i will check it out and see if i can find him. I would like to commission a pipe at some point when things have normalized. It would be fun to get a say in the colors and shape of a pipe instead of just waiting for one to cetch my eye.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Ok thanks i will check it out and see if i can find him. I would like to commission a pipe at some point when things have normalized. It would be fun to get a say in the colors and shape of a pipe instead of just waiting for one to cetch my eye.
Commissions are great, and most carvers will send you progress photos along the way for approval. You really have a hand in the creation of a pipe made just for you!

Reactions: Tommy Boy

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I was hoping it be spookier. But then again that's pretty typical for me. That's great but where is the more spookiness? Please tell us it's at least haunted by the kind of ghost we don't normally talk about here.

I don't think I could diminish your joy in this pipe, but would you mind if I said that I don't see anything particularly depicting Halloween in this pipe other than the orange stem.

Reactions: anotherbob

Tommy Boy

Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
I don't think I could diminish your joy in this pipe, but would you mind if I said that I don't see anything particularly depicting Halloween in this pipe other than the orange stem.
Idk the ravens wing shape, black and ox blood stain and the orange stem all seem to fit to me. What does it have to be in the shape of a pumpkin and have BOO carved into it to be a Halloween pipe or what?

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I don't see anything particularly depicting Halloween in this pipe other than the orange stem.
How do these depict Christmas?

002-029-54883.7033.jpg
002-033-51095.4457.jpg

This one has a gnarled shape like a spooky old tree trunk, has a bloody stain, as well as the orange stem, plus, black, red, white, and orange are colors associated with Halloween.

joe-freeman-snoqualmie-stumps-02.jpg

20201003_143827.jpg

Last edited:
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
How do these depict Christmas?

View attachment 46359
View attachment 46360

This one has a gnarled shape like a spooky old tree trunk, has a bloody stain, as well as the orange stem, plus, black, red, white, and orange are colors associated with Halloween.

View attachment 46363

View attachment 46361
I think it looks “just enough” seasonal, as do the Saint Nicholas Savinellis, which in my mind is the perfect amount of “seasonal.“ If you say “Halloween pipe,” in my opinion, most people will definitely see it, but it’s not so overt that it would look weird to smoke it any other time of year. I wouldn’t want a pipe that would look or seem weird to smoke “out of season,” like the Santa Claus meers, for example.