PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
I'm a huge fan of the Belge shape, and have been for quite some time now. I'm also a total sucker for a black sandblast with a tortoiseshell stem. So when I found this great combination from a company I like, at a reasonable price, it was just too hard to say no. (By the way, you can get 10% off your order at the Briarworks website with the code PIPESMAG, and I got free shipping too).
Drilling is spot-on, stemwork is very good for the price (not too chunky, unlike my Dublin from Briarworks, which is a little hard to clench), and the finish is great. In fact, I'm really considering ordering a seven-day set of various shapes in the same finish/stem material configuration. And now it's time to start breaking 'er in with a little C&D Yorktown.
image1-11-600x450.jpg

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Niiiice. I was just in their shop again the other day. I never really look at belge pipes but theirs are awesome, very eye catching and lithe. My Briarworks has the same tortoise stem, good choice there.

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
I've now run a bowl through this pipe, and I'm looking forward to a repeat performance tomorrow. Smoked great today, though it took a little getting used to not being able to look down into the bowl while I lit the pipe.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
I have a jeantet in the same shape. The lighting is a technique that will take some time lol.

Very nice pipe

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
| it took a little getting used to not being able to look down into the bowl while I lit the pipe. |

I was wondering if that bothered other people. Drives me a little crazy.

Love that pipe BTW.

I resorted to using small balsa safety matches on a forward cant that I can't see the rim when smoking. Do you do anything to compensate for the cant?

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
I felt that I had gotten over the learning curve by about my third relight. I am glad, however, that this pipe has a black blast so I'm not as worried about charring the rim.
You can also get a peek in there by tilting the pipe waaaaay up in your jaw while clenching. That is, while holding the pipe between your front teeth, stick your jaw out so that the pipe is now pointing towards the sky.

writingraav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 11, 2018
Thanks a lot guys. I thought I'd cured my PAD until I read this thread and ended up with a similar pipe
C141DB_T__78668.1555366104.jpg
It is a cutty and I love the look of it. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.